Oh FFS

I wonder how long we have to put up with the vacant empty-headed killjoys who complain about things like this?

Steve Firth

Sadly if the Conservatives get in I doubt they'll die a natural death.

Reply to
Conor

Thats beyond stupid!

Reply to
James

I think the current bunch of incompetants are much more likely to make everything illegal than the Tories would.

Put it this way, Tony and Gordon have guaranteed I will never, ever, vote Labour as long as I live.

Reply to
Pete M

Indeed, not just off road, but so far off road that they were in international waters. FFS, if I want to get completely hammered and drive my car on my own land (for example) it's not in the slightest bit illegal. I can only assume that the complaints are utterly dickless hence their reason for being scared of a penis.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And it's not as if one thinks "That Gordon Brown, he's got a great sense of humour!" is it?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Why? Seems they are are for backing every new law and constantly pushing for tougher on this harder on that.

Reply to
Depresion

They don't seem that way to me. Every government wants new laws, but think of some of the mental ones NuLabor have introduced that nobody wanted. NuLabor seem to think that making things illegal is the answer to everything, whereas the Tories tend to want to sort out the causes rather than wait until something has happened then make money from it.

I'd much rather things were sorted out by people being sensible. Some new laws are good ideas, but NuLabor seem to just want to punish people for doing things rather than encouraging people not to.

Reply to
Pete M

ZaNuLabour have created lots of new laws, you just don't get any real punishment for breaking them, the feral scrotes know they will ultimately get away with it.

We need Joe Arpaio to run our prisons........

Reply to
Geoff

Apart from the last few months we've had the most stable economics in living mememory. No boom and burst as before. You obviously have a short memory. And the present crisis would have happened regardless of the party in charge. Although we might have had some protection over rising domestic fuel prices if the previous Tory administration hadn't initiated the wasting of our gas reserves.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, Ken Clarke was a very good chancellor. And the next chancellor was wise to stick to Clarke's policies for several years. What a shame that he dropped those policies to enter into Labour's usual spendthrift economics in order to win a General election. And what a shame that the leader of his party should choose to fight a number of wars in the mistaken belief that if fighting a war made Margaret Thatscher popular that it should work for him.

Your money used to kill children to help a bankrupt politician massage his ego.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Same here. It's not that I really want to vote Tory, there just isn't a choice is there?

Reply to
DanB

Its not all about economics, there's lots of other reasons not to vote for labour.

james

Reply to
jamesd1974

Indeed. And those of us who lost our jobs through Thatcher's doctrine will think the same about the Tories.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What? Like TV?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Mmm. The TV industry now is only a faint shadow of the size it was in it's 1970s heyday, isn't it? There's so very, very few people still working in it compared to then.

I mean, we had THREE whole channels then, putting out about 12hrs of programmes per day each. Wow. Golden era.

Reply to
Adrian

Thatcher and her paymasters wanted it casualised - which is how it is now.

As opposed to 24 hours worth of crap?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

You mean they wanted the unions to end their laughable restrictive practices? Good.

I think you may be missing my point. Probably deliberately.

Reply to
Adrian

No - they wanted to abolish unions. On principle. No reforms would be good enough for them. A form of religion, really. To be replaced by absolute power of the employer. That's what they regard as democracy.

And every union I know of was perfectly happy to obey the union related legislation that the Thatcher administration brought in as regards restrictive practices, etc. Pity she didn't also apply them to her pals in the professions - and parliament.

Well, in the days of proper government control over broadcasting, the commercials stations were forced to make a wide variety of quality programmes - not just chase the largest audience for the lowest cost. As did the BBC. Perhaps you've not noticed that most of those extra channels survive on showing repeats from that era?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)