Cracking screensaver

It's the "Deutz engine screensaver" 40Mb and worth every byte :)

(shamelessly stolen from Locostbuilders)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

2 mins 4 seconds. This cable modem downloads 42mb too fast. I am only paying for 1mb £9.99! They cocked it up somehow. Averages 375kb/sec??? Now we will see what its about!
Reply to
Burgerman

How dey get those pistons to go in without a ring compressor and from the bottom like a bike!

Reply to
Burgerman

You're not with NTL by any chance are you??

Today I've been getting exceptionally fast download speeds - I'm on 300k and I've been downloading stuff at up to 140k/sec, sometimes slightly faster!!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

40meg? for a screen saver? Dear God. I'd rather drive my car with the handbrake on
Reply to
Stuart Gray

Yep, ntl are so crap they even increased my download speed when I downgraded my modem!

Reply to
Burgerman

I got it in about 20 seconds.

Ha ha.

Reply to
DanTXD

You donr have to run it but its good!

Reply to
Burgerman

That's 'cos you've not seen it :)

It's only a couple of minutes on BB....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Dan, do you get the main uni network piped directly into your halls? We never got that - high speed access in the library/computing building (which was very well equipped, to be fair), but no network access in halls - we had to make do with a shitty dialup ntl connection as part of the pre-pay ntl lines there that wasn't even free (1p/min). It was a bitch if you fell asleep and left your PC online.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Main network - piped straight in :) And when the library is shut, and its gone midnight - not many other people are on :D

Reply to
DanTXD

I bit. It is good isn't it? :-)

Stuart