crap

Just remembered.... A level results tomorrow... *cries*

:(

Reply to
REMUS

good luck m8 just think about it; if you pass you will be able to pay off your student loans within 10 years :)

Reply to
aussie bongo

I've got to man the clearing line at Leeds Met - Business area.

Cries loudly.

David

Reply to
David Lane

good luck (although as it's results i'm guessing my good luck wish is a bit of a waste!)

still sure SteveH wishes you all the best too :)

Reply to
Vamp

Best of luck.

Reply to
Questions

Some people where friggin crying there so i decided to ship out sharpish!

B in English Lit B in History C in Business studies

So i technically havn't gotten into Warwick, which I think was ment to be due to the fact I can rarely remember how to spell the name of the place ;)

My bro is up at Sunderland and he has offered to let me stay in a flat he has just brought in a new development in march and before that I will be staying in the brand spanking new uni campus overlooking the river!

Reply to
REMUS

How far off were you? Could be worth asking then anyway.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Should get almost anywhere these days with those grades. You tried the Salford Uni music production course?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah I rang up Warwick and they offered me a place as well!?

Should be getting both offers in the post tomorrow, there is an open day on the 25th for Sunderland and if its a shit hole i'll tootle off to Warwick methinks...

I don't really have a huge interest in studying music, I play bass pretty well, but to put it into perspective I can't even read music since I gave up the trumpet.

Reply to
REMUS

" "

Did someone say 'falling standards'?

Reply to
SteveH

My written work is much better than my typeing.

I'm sorry Steve but it is now a fact that exams are harder now than 20 years ago, go read a few articles on the subject.

Reply to
REMUS

Nice.

Yep, go see both places. It makes a huge difference to how you will feel.

This is music production, mixing, working the decks, arranging, the real talent these days, as well as performance.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

^^^^^^^

Reply to
Clive George

It's amusing that someone who comes across as functionally illiterate manages to get a "B" in English Lit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

BDD at A-Level. Chemistry, Physics, General Studies.

Did 2 years Environmental Chemistry at Swansea Uni, but wanted to earn money more than I wanted a degree.

Reply to
SteveH

Nah, REMUS got taught be pass exams, at the expense of 'actual useful stuff' (as I think has been established here a few times)

JOA, what A-Levels/Degree do you have Steve?

Reply to
pi(obfuscated)

Mate. I got a grade 2 CSE lit.

9 years later, I wnet back and did A Levels including english lit. I did the course work, I read the books, I did the exams, but hardly went to lectures. I got an A. I sat Phsychology at the same time. I attended almost all the lectures, I did both the exams, I got most the course work, bar two pieces in. I still got an F. Yes it is a fail, but I was told I was told by the lecturer I was only 2 marks from a E pass. If I had actually handed in an incomplete peice of course work, rather than thinking I hadn't done enough so no point, I would have gotten a pass (a very s**te one but a pass).

BTW, my reason for not being around a lot, and not getting all the course work in was money. I was working almosty full time to support myself while doing A levels.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

*snort* You go look at some A-level papers from 20 years ago - they'll scare the crap out of you. To be fair I know nothing about any of your subjects, but the standards in A level maths and physics, and the corresponding abilities of the students turning up at uni have reduced enormously just in the 4 years I've been teaching. The profs reckon it's been a downward trend for at least the last 25 years.
Reply to
Albert T Cone

My history teacher showed me some of the schools back catalogue when we were discussing this very subject... the only factor that made getting grades difficult was that there was often only one or two mark boundaries between grades.

Reply to
REMUS

Yep I completely flunked my poetry & drama exam and still got a B, it was by far the easiest course. History on the other hand was the hardest and the only subject I revised for.

Reply to
REMUS