Does the panel approve?

No: it is not maintenance, we are asked urgentely in order to open doors or to repair.

Imagine a parking lot with 300 cars in it, only one access ( combining In and Out). At 05Hr30 a first caller rings that the automatic door doesn't open, is blocked shut and that he needs to go to work. Between his call and the next 10 minutes our call-center recieves (for that parking lot alone) 20 further messages ranging for polite to real- screaming-hysteria.

Strange how many people need to see the doctor, catch a plane etc every time somebloody door won't open.

The way we cross Brussels sometimes "at speed" qualifies it as an intervention. I sadly have the mark of the beast on my drivers licence for it when I drove a (little) bit too quickly to such an emergency. The police judge (a bitch free of humour and common sense) was neither impressed nor amused. ;-)

It's sad that we are dynied the use of blue flash lights and sirens :-(

Oh yes: on night interventions I often wear a kevlar suit and gloves. It was expensif but saved my but twice: we often arrive before the Police after a thief broke in and I had the pleasure of meeting the members of the Theft Gild several times, four times they had knives. I don't carry knives: only a light and a crowbar which is a nice piece of kit :-)

Hmm, if you saw my car now your idea of a posh van would change somewhat. I see my Subaru as battle hardened : a fair bit of dents and scratches (all round) but refusing to die. I like the bugger :-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

And you're doing it under contract. You're no different from an emergency plumber :-)

"airs and graces". Intervention might be justified if you were called in because the main callout guy screwed up somehow, but you _are_ the main callout guy.

Well, is it posher than a similarly beat up transit? It's a posh van :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

That is correct: we both seem to be unfindable when needed, if found expensif and - I admit- always too late! :-)

Nope: the contracts have 2 parts. One part handles maintenance of the installation, the other part is the availability of a 24Hr/24Hr service in case of problems.

It's not a van: a van cannot entrer a lot of underground garages in Brussels due to height restrictions. A estate does and drives a lot nicer than a van: we like comfort too, you know.

As to Transits: those are not popular here. Don't know why but the market is flooded with German (=Merc), French and Italian vans. I don't know why Ford doesn't sell better here.

Tom De Moo

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Sorry, that just made me giggle.

Reply to
Pete M

No problemo, giggling is said to be good for the health :-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

And reminds me of Moyles this morning - 'The way you milk me, Phil - you really churn me on'

(To the tune of 'The way you make me feel' by Michael Jackson)

Reply to
SteveH