Does the panel approve?

I'm talking about the Sprinter, mind - not some car or other. So body roll and handling aren't prime concerns. The parcels on board on an average day will far outweight a few hundred litres of LPG....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Does yours have the little mini drums inside the rear discs? Mother's

9-5 has. I fixed the rather sloppy and unbalanced handbrake by adjusting the shoes. Mega brownie points for a technique I learned working on my mate's 1991 Cavalier when I was a student.

I remember being pleasantly shocked that a set of rear pads for my Clarton was £6 - same system as on the Cav.

Cheapest I could find Genuine Mazda rear pads for my MX-5 was £46. Bought some EBCs for £24 delivered. Does that count as a 'back on topic' mod?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I thought mods were off topic ?

;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

It has 50bhp, it won't understeer. It's better at taking the dog to the beach than the V6 though heh. And it doesn't have leather/alcantara for her to eat either.

Reply to
Iridium

Don't forget that someone will have to post "EBCs are s**te".

Done :).

Get some Hawk pads, they're more expensive but a heck of a lot better.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

That's a pretty old feature though - my mates dad's old 525i had that - although as you say, pretty handy at night.

Reply to
Iridium

Sorry, I'll get right back to making videos about how exciting my cupholders are.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'm surprised a Cav wouldn't have just had rear drums - was it a relatively decent/powerful model of Cav?

You naughty lad - away wit' ya....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

And 'cos Bear has one if you're honest :-)

Reply to
Iridium

It's mostly because they're bought by people who stick little fish logos on the back.

Mind you, that's quite handy, as it usually means they're a liability on the road and should be avoided at all costs.

Reply to
SteveH

Indeed......

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Is this the new Fiesta? 'Cos let's face it - there has never been a good 'hot' - or even a very 'hot' Fiesta. Unless you include the Racing Puma. So the fact Fiat are helping MUST be a good thing.

On a side note of Fiestas - has anyone seen the new ST185 option pack? For the princely sum of £4k (plus fitting) (so, £16k for a new Fiesta at car supermarket prices, plus whatever your dealer charges to fit cams/exhaust/seats/springs - quite a lot I'd have thought) - you can give your power the same seats as a 197 R27, 12 less bhp, far less kit, worse brakes, worse handling, and a worse interior. All for £2k more than the price of a 197 R27 from a Renault main dealer. Bargain eh.

Reply to
Iridium

Sir needs to try a car with good implimentations of these items. They were great on my 206.

Reply to
Iridium

Nah, talking about the new Ka.

As things stand, Fiat are letting Ford use the 1.4 TJet-120 engine, but keeping the TJet-150 and TJet-180 to themselves.

A new 500 Abarth 180 should be quite spectacular.

Reply to
SteveH

Sorry I lost interest after the word 'Ka' :-)

Reply to
Iridium

How does one do a handbrake turn with an electric handbrake in the snow? Assuming one had a FWD anyway...

Reply to
Iridium

You surely have steering wheel controls? Isn't that like a £20k car or something? At least a stalk surely? My 405 had stereo controls there!

This is a long thread, Windows Mail keeps saying Line Too Long heh.

Reply to
Iridium

I'm starting to worry that people didn't notice my cupholder video was just a pisstake...

Reply to
Iridium

Doing a handbrake turn would spill the coffee and ruin this quarter's profit and loss reports.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That is a world I do not wish to live in...

On a car note - took at shot at new Civic Type R yesterday. Comfy, comfy car. Comfiest car I've ever sat in. This may be slightly missing the point of a hot hatch heh. Quite torquey for a Vtec as well though. It would be a nicer day to day car than the Vee - but seen as I don't commute that's not really an issue. Kinda thing I might buy when I'm bored of the lunacy.

Summary - I liked it, in Deep Bronze with the optional 19" Rage alloy wheels it looked good too. Lots of kit as well - it was a GT natch.

Reply to
Iridium