Don't forget, 8pm, BBC2

Just got back, didn't get over to Italy, didn't get to Le Mans, didn't make it to the GreenHell.

Spent the week lazing around, getting a tan, eating well and occaisionally getting drunk.

Oh well, when are you off dude ?

Reply to
Brownz (Mobile)

6am tmrw morning leave my house dude :-) Excitement! Gonna watch the footy, watch Top Gear that I PVR'd and then try get an early night. Should load the car up too I guess, everything is ready, just needs putting in the car.
Reply to
DanB

I just nearly died at the police chase thing, comedy at its best !!!!!

Reply to
Ronny

If he had turned off the traction, the Lex would have cruised flamboyance, instead of just cruising.

Reply to
Elder

Clouds of white smoke billowing from the arches in the lexus would have been quite surreal!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Like this

mean (hope you don't need to be a member to see it).

Reply to
Elder

yeah they should of given the lexus to hammond he'd of drove it right, plus he could of probably bashed the BM out the way with a pit if he tried. i'm still pissing myself over clarksons wheel coming off i was pretty much in tears when that happened!

i also now want an old BM 5 series as they look unstoppable!

Reply to
Vamp

Old and german means tank like. I always wanted a fintail/tombstone grille/stacklight Merc diesel auto.

Slow as f*ck, but really built like a tank, and usually shipped off to africa when done here, to do another 20 years of burning anything liquid, as a local taxi.

Reply to
Elder

Like this one? Lovely!! Actually it had a Nissan Cedric engine. Parts easier to find in Malaysia or something. When asked, the driver said it was mine for the equivalent of 600 quid. So when I got home I bought the nearest thing I could find for 600 quid ;)

Reply to
fishman

GRR Forgot to post the link

fishman

Yup, just like that.

Reply to
Elder

If that spike had got though the door skin the STIG wouldn't have been laughing. They clearly have a defective H&S analysis team. JC should have taken it from the inside, then the spike would have been ripping up the passenger door.

I was expecting the spike to come off and go hurtling though the air or though a windscreen. Like vamp I pissed myself when the whole wheel came off. The real kicker was how it nearly took Hammond and May off at the ankles too as it went flying off though the grass. Again a major H&S failure, was it staged? There didn't appear to be any other tracks. As there are another 5 weeks of this I'm surprised they are still alive to present this years show.

Lessons from this show.

1: DON'T DRILL HOLES IN WHEELS! 2: If JC is on track with a bodged mod don't stand anywhere near that track unless you have a wall of bales and Armco around you. 3: If you tailgate you save fuel. 4: Tailgating also saves fuel by limiting the performance of your sports car to that of the lame car you are slipstreaming.

Don't need a "stunt man", 5th gear have done car stunts to death.

Reply to
Peter Hill