Paging Pete M:You want this you do.

Nahhhhh

I've just collected this..

Needs a few cosmetics, a bloody good clean, a speedo sender, the drivers seat frame welding, and a belt on the AC pump - the AC worked until the belt snapped not long ago (and is converted to R134a).

Reply to
Pete M

TBH, I think I prefer the lex, and it would be a lot better on fuel than my old one, as it has the 5 speed box, and a lot better than you are used on the Rangies.

Reply to
Elder

Hehe good job you've got those garage facilities now looking at that bad boy ;-)

Reply to
DanB

Ooh I like those. Want one. Does it have a limited slip diff?

Reply to
fishman

I've not checked properly, but judging by the way it exits roundabouts I'd say it's got one.

It's a very high spec one, leather, 15" BBS, AC, electric windows / mirrors / roof, front fogs, four speakers (sounds daft, but this was an option..), switchable auto 'box, and it's a "shadowline", which means blacked out chrome. It's also got the diddy little boot spoiler, which is rare. First owner was BMW Park Lane, so I suspect it was a demo.

It's not got cruise, or the on board computer - but all the stuff is there to fit the computer so I might do that once I've got the bodywork sorted.

There's a chap on the E30 forum who's got all the bits for it, and is gutted he missed bidding on it this morning.

I've always fancied a top spec Touring, and when I spotted this at silly money I figured it'd break for way more than what I paid for it. Mechanically it seems to be spot on, no sloppy bushes, quiet engine / box / diff and seems to drive well.

I'm taking it to the workshop tomorrow to spend the day cleaning it and giving it a full going over. No doubt I'll find something that'll end up costing me money..

Reply to
Pete M

Hmmm let me know when you've finished fettling and it's back on the market...

Reply to
fishman

A few months back I remember seeing an LS400 on gas on Autotrader - up for about £2700 or so, with FMDSH and about 165k on the clock. S reg it was, which a bit of wikipediaing revealed that it was the latest version of the engine, more economical and powerful than earlier ones, and had the later autobox. And it was from a dealer where cars under £50k made up a fairly small proportion of their stock, so IMHO that's a good sign - they're probably aren't going to bother to sell on £2-3k cars unless they're pretty decent.

Reply to
L'homme d'AstraVan

I think that might have been the one that Pete showed on Pistonheads,=20 and it was way tempting.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Dark green, down somewhere Devon-way, and sold by a company that also had something to do with helicopters? (IIRC)

Reply to
L'homme d'AstraVan