Duxford (slightly to completely OT)

Been to the airshow at Duxford this week-end.

Great assembly of flying Spitfires, Mustangs, Corsair, 2 B17's, a Lancaster just to name a few. Stayed in the Cambridge area and had some (well quite a lot) trouble finding B&B.

Enjoyed the week-end a lot as did the missus. Last visit to the UK was last year, I won't stay away another year anymore because the overall pricing compared went up quite an amount in the elapsed period.

Walked around a bit and prices of real estate/rent were just sky high. Pleasant surroundings however. Am I missing something or is housing that expensif in the UK?

To cut back to cars: I like you yellow speed cams. They are not the green and hidden bastards we have in the Brussels area. Country lanes were quite empty and apparently the playground of some locals with EVO's and tuned Subaru's. I didn't dare to follow partly because I don't know the roads like they seem to.

Just one last question: I stay in Barton and on the road back to Cambridge there was a rifle range. Anyone know about? Can you hop in with a rifle and shoot?

Well : so far for a pleasant week-end, combining business and pleasure. Keep the UK as it is, folks (perhaps somewhat less expensif and I might consider emigrating ;-) )

Oh yes. With all due respect for the Spit I quess I want a Mustang :-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Nope. It's that expensive. Blame planning departments. Simple case of demand outstripping supply. There are plenty of houses, but the empty ones are on sink estates so nobody in their right minds would live in them or buy them.

AFAIK HVRs are relatively heavily restricted. I think a mate has a licence, but I'm not sure how many hoops he had to jump through. Not sure what it'd be like bringing one into the country, even from the EU.

Reply to
Doki

Me 2, I'd buy a Mustang to fly, cos I'd never be able to fly the Spit due to just sitting loooooking at it......

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)