[PING] Doki

You coming to the race on the 12th/13th August? The British GT's will be there and there's a pit pass with your name on it waiting...

Reply to
Abo

The GTs are worth going to by them selves. I must get some photos from my day in the pits at Donny up. (Anyone know a good (free) host for a couple of hundred photos.)

PS Abo you don't know any teams looking for some help do you?

Reply to
Depresion

Hmm actually I might! You any good with a spanner?

Reply to
Abo

Not bad, I'm looking for some work placement over the summer so it's not a paid position I'm looking for (though if they want to throw money at me I'll take it ;) ). Should be helpful with my Uni as well.

Reply to
Depresion

Money? Not at our level... Most of us just do it for the fun of it.

Have you ever set up a race car before in anyway, shape or form?

Reply to
Abo

Can do. Do you all camp out near the track or are you posh hotel bastards?

Reply to
Doki

What about Ron's UKRCM gallery??

Reply to
fishman

There is a grassed area in the inner paddock, in the centre of the circuit. It's not officially for camping but a few of the teams stick tents on there and no-one complains unless they're left up all day.

Daz just parks his Mondeo Estate on there and sleeps in the back. Some of us sleep in the back of our respective race transporters which is fine but with a few lads in there (often after a BBQ and beers) the air gets a bit on the ripe side...

Whatever you do, sleep in the circuit because you get to experience all the crews going about their business e.g. changing engines by floodlight, drinking beers round the barby and stuff.

And you never know who's going to be there; on saturday we spotted Jonathan Palmer hanging around eating a carton of chips lol

Reply to
Abo

Righto. Was going to bring a mate along. Do you or Daz need names emailing over or can it be sorted on the day?

PS: Feel free to pester Daz to pester someone to write something for their site. If anyone's got a laptop, I can show them how to go on with it if they bring it.

Reply to
Doki

Only Formula Ford and a Formula Vauxhall Junior.

Reply to
Depresion

I could bankrupt him. ;).

Reply to
Depresion

Insane Formula Fords! :)

Ok sounds good! I'll ask a few of the guys

Reply to
Abo

It can be sorted on the day. For your pit pass you'll beed to bring a passport photo.

I've got a laptop but it's got SUSE Linux on it.

And, check your email; I've just dropped you a mail.

Reply to
Abo

Can you drop me your email addy? To nealaberdeentiscali.co.uk

Reply to
Abo

DanTXD tried that. And nearly succeeded.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No problem. Thanks.

Reply to
Depresion

Heh, it's depressing how quickly a good camera fills a reasonably sized card.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I filled a 2GB card quite quickly but by the time I've trimed down to the best few and dropped there size down.it's only 2.2Mb he can probably take that.

Has it moved?

is giving a 404.

Reply to
Depresion