Engine fun

One of my best mates from school is called Tom Jones. We got stopped by some coppers once when walking home pissed and stumbling a few years back, and the copper didn't beleive he was called Tom Jones, and made him tell his address so he could check the 2nd name of the people who lived there - then when it became apparent it was the vicar's (his dad's) house the copper looked quite surprised hehe.

There's a nice little AVM style anicdote for you :-)

Reply to
DanB

i've got a friend called james brown, know one belives him when they ask his full name, he aint black either to add a bit of irony

Reply to
Vamp

Errrrrr, thanks. I think :)

Tonight I've sealed the manifold best I can, but ideally I think it needs a new one. Also changed the oil and filter. And it definitely sounds better :)

Next job - new downpipes for the SD1. Then new wheels for the SD1 (that's right, another modification). Then put it on display one the SD1 Club stand at the Hampshire Pagaent of Motoring :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In the last week I've spoken to a David Steele and a John Major, neither were politicians.

And I also know a George Bernard Shaw. Now that's a way to get locked up when the police ask your name.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp