'ere Vamp, so luxury toys for you.

Playstation generation.

very accomplished at pushing buttons, very opinionated but zero character.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

I think Steve should start his own magazine, it should be called "Passed Cars", all the road tests would be cheap to do as all he needs to form a full, subjective and completely unbiased opinion of the handling, build quality, driving characteristics and performance of every car in the world is to walk past one in the street and read the badge.

Reply to
Pete M

Are you so lacking in the stuff that you have to borrow it from your car?!

Reply to
conkersack

Surely a quick prod of the dashboard would be required too?!

Reply to
conkersack

need to uprate the brakes and suspension to motorsport standard after all.

Reply to
Elder

Character used as a lame excuse for errors...

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Mmm BM 8 series. The only BM in the last 20 years that looks good. The Galant is a nasty looking car, in the best way.

Reply to
Depresion

Not all Skylines are GTS-Ts and GTRs. I've seen several 2.0 Autos around when I've been car hunting over the last few years. They're not fast and they are not luxurious. Never made it to the UK market officialy and I don't think they'd have sold many if they did.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Zero character doesn't make them bad sports cars heh. The example, the Integra DC2 Type-R - one of the finest drivers cars ever according to many of the motoring journal types.

Reply to
Iridium

i suppose by 'character' you mean don't drink oil and go bang like an alfa? or cost f*ck loads to change a cambelt kinda 'character'

Reply to
Vamp

LMAO

Reply to
Vamp

unless your reading steve's upcoming mag as mentioned then the type r is s**te and out handled by a rusty old white 75 ;)

Reply to
Vamp

yeah but over there the normal skyline was like an everyday car a lot used as cab. it's like saying all sierra's aren't cossies and they was a big slow barge in standard form and you'd have to be mental to say they was luxurious!

Reply to
Vamp

yeah but these are cars who've spent probably a few grand and not a pro tuner who's spents 30-50k+! on them

Reply to
Vamp

Yeah, but not all 5 series are M5s or all S/E/SL classes AMG.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

"Skylines have Micra switchgear"

Reply to
Pete M

Worse : they are made in the same country.

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Indeed, they are, they are also a tool for the mid-life crisis club to indulge in huge amounts of willy-waving.

The reality is we can all drive better then R. Schumacher ;-)

You are not alone in that.

Nothing pompous in that, you need to keep your customers alive !

Reply to
Geoff

And yet you don't get the hint.

Still you come from the country in Europe with some of the worst drivers on the roads, a place that seems to have more chavs per square acre than Sheppey. Each one of them thinking that a EUR 50 vinyl decal stuck on a

15 year old Opel Kadett makes it "sporty".

I see they still wear those sill Tam O'Shanters over there, truly the land that taste forgot.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Aha, now you are talking my language!

Midlife crisis =3D buying a Porsche. Seems I have had several midlife=20 crisisses.=20

Another telltale sign is buying a very fast sports bike but there I am=20 too chichen for and by no means sufficiently adult. On top of that my=20 mom would kill me before the bike does.

The Toyota bloke? Yeah :)

I had the Police at my house when a rich customer reduced his Ferrari=20 and himself to pieces of about 40 cm in lengtg. I had refused to put the=20

710 HP-K=F6nig kit on the, offended him deeply by saying that the first=20 tuning he needed was pressing the pedal somewhat deeper.

Still the Police found my business card in the wreck and came to say=20 hello. I do not like the boys in blue at my house in the middle of the=20 night. I don't even like them in broad daylight!

The Ferrari crash showed me what responsability I took (in Belgium=20 motortuning and such ae only allowed for compettion cars) for a meager=20 reward. So I slowly turned away from it, now it is a too important=20 hobby, taking up too much space.

Once again the Truth is spoken!=20

It was put to me in almost identical wording by a major German and=20 Italian sportcar-manufaturer: "The market for our top-end cars is=20 allready small, we cannot allow that these people kill themselves with=20 it. It is bad for the client, bad for the make and we won't sell him=20 another one if he's dead."=20

SO I guess the age of the biting Porsche 911 Turbo are over as are=20 indeed the life of TVR where a Russian claimed: "You will love it or it=20 will kill you."

He is still alive but somewhat less rich.=20

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor