Families wanted for new Channel 4 car show

Channel 4 is preparing a car show with a difference - new cars will be road tested by real families, in a motoring treasure hunt across Britain. The show will be filmed in early September and we are looking for families to take part. If you feel up to the challenge please contact snipped-for-privacy@rdfmedia.com.

Reply to
RDFmedia

I'm not a family but I promise to break whatever piece of shit family hatch you give me.

FWIW, you'll probably have Mike Brewer on it, or Penny Mallory, and it'll be FOOKING SHITE.

Reply to
Doki

If you hire him, hire me, and we'll race to each point. I guarantee exciting viewing and possible scenes reminiscent of Mad Max.

Reply to
DanTXD

Can me and the missus modify it before or after the treasure hunt.

Reply to
Elder

can i leave their choice of shed at home and take the 205 along with accompianing rac flat bed?

Reply to
Rob

Heh - can I get the turbocharged S-Max and see how many times a family of six can experience oversteer and weightlessness..

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've got a suggestion for a show. "Love me, love my car". It's sort of like the Used Car Road Show where they find someone a new (old) car. But the someone is attached to their old car (over 10/15 years old) as it's not replaceable by a modern hyped up lump of plastic. Like the bloke at work who uses a SAAB 900 5 speed as his daily drive, it's a dog slow piece of junk, if was a turbo or maybe even 16valve OK but it's a (very clean) 8 valve. You get the family or whoever he is inflicting this old car on to say why he should get shut and move on. They have to define the price and 3 things that make it impossible for them to replace it with a new car (under 5 years old). Then the presenters find some replacements under 5 years old that meet the requirements and price.

The family have to pick 1 and he does a 1 month test. If he doesn't buy after that he has to donate 10% of the price set to charity of the family's choice. (like "pinks" there are losers but to a good cause)

If they can't find a replacement that meets the requirements at the price then the show spends 2x the price on restoration or modifications to the car that the owner agrees to and film that process. (like "dream machine")

Peter Hill

That actually sounds like a bloody good idea. Just not Rutherford, Brewer, or Rev Bob presenting please.

Reply to
Elder

Isn't that a it easy? I think I can beat it with just one rule, but here goes.

£7500 4 doors German Capable of beating Jody Scheckters Ford powered 30 year old (1976) lap time of the Nürburgring course (7:10.8) [1] [1] The 1975 lap record was faster at 7:06.4 but that's 31 years old and doesn't have the nice round feel to it and the 1966 track was a full 25m shorter due to extension work between the 1966 ant 1967 races (and slower than the 3 previous years).
Reply to
Depresion