FAO Doki

email to your (best guess at de-spamtrapped) address bounces.

Please consider commenting on the following:

> > > I'm starting to strip my toy car and am thinking (already) about what > > > changes I'd like to make when putting it back together. > > > > > > There's no sound-deadening material anywhere, as far as I can see. > > > > > > What can I put where to minimise engine & road noise? > > > > > > > > > > Not ENTIRELY sure whether this is a troll and you actually mean toy car, > as > > in, a small toy, or a toy car as in a weekend back lane fun machine. > > Real car, toy for me, too noisy for her, I like her company. >

Righty :) Doki recently put sound deadening in his Ka, try get his attention and see what he used :)

-- Dan

Reply to
jtaylor

The spamtrap bit is the stuff before and including the N, but it redirects to an account that I don't check anyway. Bit daft and I ought to fix it ;).

Anyway, in response to the sound deadening, I went to my local autofactors and asked for some. Box of ten 50cm x 20cm sheets for £20 (!), stuck a load in the drivers door, none in the passenger door as I was in a hurry to get that one back on. It certainly seems quieter, but that might just be because I stuck the doorcards back on after driving without any for 6 months. The stuff's surprisingly heavy, called Tetra Pad and made by Tetrosyl. Bear in mind that something seriously quiet has thicker glass, tight panel gaps to reduce wind noise and so on as well as a load of wadding type stuff under the carpets. Probably worth sticking £20 quids worth of the stuff to the firewall and seeing if it makes any odds, might be enough to keep the bird quiet ;). The exhaust might be the biggest thing you can alter to make it quieter, and a slight performance loss from a quiet box might be better than loads of extra weight trying to keep out the noise from it.

Reply to
Doki