Fast driver cameraderie moments

LOL - that ROCKS !

Reply to
Nom

Yep - definitely. I'm 37 going on 38 now and was around 21 then so it's definitely 16- 17 years ago :-)

Then I drove the aforementioned rebadged Monza -an engine note to die for and fantastic midrange acceleration due to lots of torque and perfect gearing on the old school GM300 auto trans. Nowadays it's the Passat PD130 4motion and drive like your granny for the sake of the fuel economy. That's the god cop bit - the bad cop bit is very very slowly coming together in the garage. Locost CBR1000 :-))))))))))))))

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Same road diff story,

I was driving works V6 ( stickers off and looking a bit worse for its

120k+ ) having dropped its usual owner of for teh ferry at angelsy i was returning it to the office, trundling along singing to the radio, was moving along at about 80mph when i notice a new mini cruise up behind me not much faster than i was going, i let him by at decided to track him as he was doing about 5mph more than me,

He musnt have liked that idea and soon we was whistleing by at about a ton i slowed for the limited speed on the tunnel, as i considered only a manic would go throu there at 100 ish mph as i emergen back to the nat speed limit he was stuck behind a lorry in the distance to i decided to cruise back up to him doing about 90 from nowhere i suddenly saw a headlamp flash and similtainiously heard a siren blip, i said oh shit and moved left, to my delight a volvo s70 whisled past, zoomed upto the mini and pulled him...

how much did i laugh!... but stilll cant remember seing where the car was hidden.

another time i was whisltling along some country roads in chorley, and went around a open bend at 50ish and got pulled, even thought its a national speed limit...

PC Anderson Was his name.... i remember writing it on the complaint form!

Reply to
Tom Burton

Eh ?

What did he pull you for ?

Reply to
Nom

apparently i was driving recklasly in his opinion, funny that ive been round thatr bend faster in lesser cars and never even had a flinch, and the other thing, i knew he was there and he followed me around in his astra,

i stopped and got out sat on the bonnet and asked sup' mate?

and he replied ( with onion flavoured breath ) maite maaaiiiteee im not your mate.....

he said i cant prove anything but if i see you again i'll "av" ya.. then he inspected my car - ( so i inspected his - cant understand why they get upset about this )

gave me a producer, which i produced on 10days and got a summons :)

Reply to
Tom Burton

LOL!!!

D'oh!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

For his own safety

yea but i did get £75 fine :(

£25 for each document

bummer eh, well was worth it to think the copper had to fill the forms out!

Reply to
Tom Burton

Well ages ago, when I was insured through some broker that were crap at sending things out to me - they generally sent me a month cover note at a time until they'd "finalised" my insurance details or something (don't ask), I got a producer which I never got around to producing until the very last minute, and proceeded to turn my room completely upside down (completely buggered up the structure of the house, the landlord wasn't best pleased) to try and find the insurance certificate, only to find there was only a month cover note, which had expired. Took license and MOT down to the cop shop, they said I'd be reported for not producing insurance docs, blah blah blah. Anyway, it ended up going to court, and about 20 phone calls to the broker later, I eventually got a letter of indemnity off them, which I had to hand deliver to the magistrate's court, along with an appeal form. Then the day after, it cost me about £5 in phone calls from a queue in Alton Towers to find out for sure that it had all gone through properly, which it had, thank God.

What a pain in the arse that was.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan