fiat 2l 16v engine

ok guys modern 2l 16v fiat lump something like the coupes' came with in the early versions
what will i find them in
its a long story but part of me getting the wife to let me drop a red top in
the nova was something similar happened to her punto
was looking at an integrale 2l 8v turbo not sure on mounting tho anyone in the know?
failing that a 1800 16v out a late model hgt

the
in
Errr - Fiat Coupe - an early one before the 5 pot.
Also the Tipo Sedicivalvole - not that you'r gonna find many of them in a hurry.
I seriously doubt if it would fit in between the inner wings of a punto.

That's not an HGT. HGT was the 5-cylinder.
Oops, worry - Punto HGT. Ahh, right. Thought you were talking Bravo. Doh!
Same engine is used in the Barchetta, and one of the Bravos, ISTR.

Also the Strada / Ritmo 130TC, Fiat 124 Coupe / Spider, Tempra, 131, 132 / Argenta, most 70s & 80s Lancias.......

Not too sure about that. I think the big issue would be bonnet clearance, to be honest. If the Barchetta lump fits in a new shape Punto, then I'm sure you could persuade the 2lt into a MkI Punto...... especially if you think that it fits in a Strada.
In

Integrale engine is about a mile high. Mega tall lumps for some reason.

Try looking for a Fiat Marea, they're worth about 5, alternatively, some Tempras might have the 16v lump in.

were all 8v, apart from the Fiat 131 Abarth.

I think you'll have trouble with the 16v lump, but a Uno Turbo lump will go in a Punto..
--
Pete M

Ford Capri - Mercedes 500 SEL - Sierra XR4x4

Ahhh, missed that bit.
Still, the 8v version is lovely. Very torquey motor.

Or a Punto GT Turbo engine, which was the same thing....
well wee update for you guys
after seeing a redtop shoehorned into a 206 i think the wifes punto is fair game to recieve a bit of vauxhall power :) :) not too hard
c20xe comes on a self contained loom so only stickler is making up 3 mounts and a pair of custom shafts ouch wont be cheap
anyone know somewhere i can get a pair of custom shafts made cheapest i see on the web is about 400 a pair

fair
Why would someone bother with putting a shite vauxhall engine in a 206 when they could choose from several, superior, peugeot engines (GTi-6, GTi-180, Mi16 1.9) ?
--
Dan

Why would someone bother with putting a shite vauxhall engine in a 206 when they could choose from several, superior, peugeot engines (GTi-6, GTi-180, Mi16 1.9) ?
\
cost availability ease of maintenance familiarity
theres a 206 running around with a pair of redtops fitted :)
also seen em in golfs beemers and a 205 :)

when
Oh along the same lines, a mate of mine is putting the 2.0 8v vaux lump in a sunbeam, now that IS a conversion worth doing!
In

I had a go in a 5.0 Rover lump with Weber Alpha injection in a Sunbeam about 8 years ago.. most excellent fun that was.
Also helped build a 2.0 Alfa powered one, and a V6 Alfa powered Avenger was round here for a while..
--
Pete M

Ford Capri - Mercedes 500 SEL - Sierra XR4x4
I know for a fact there are several Lancia Themas with the 16v engine banging around. 20k cambelt intervals on any of the 16v Lampredis unless you like rebuilding heads and replacing pistons.