Fiat 500 & Ford Ka

You don't think the engine is a fairly major component...?

Reply to
DanTXD

I disagree - my mates brother had an ST170 - it didn't feel fast at all, needed to rev to go due to the very nature of 170bhp 2.0 NA 16v, but didn't seem to rev very well at all. Compared to the equivalent Honda/Pug/Renault/Toyota engine it just felt crap (although i admit to having not driven the Toyota 1.8 VVTi, just heard its rather nice).

Reply to
DanTXD

Naah the 170 I drove was happy to spend its entire life >4000rpm, and it did.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

But vastly more thirsty and bearly faster than the standard 2.0 litre though. Pointless.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Essential for operation, yes, but easy to replace. It's easy (and cheap) to replace the Endura-E with another. Not so easy to replace three panels, say.

Reply to
DervMan

Should? Possible. Would? Maybe. Most engines spend their time in the mid range. The Mondeo has tall gearing so to use the top end, you're only legally going to see it in first and second. The tall gearing is for lowering fuel consumption and noise levels.

Have you tried a modern petrol Mercedes?

Reply to
DervMan

Yes, but the last one was an SL55 and it would break the speed limit in

2nd... Sounded ace at the redline though...
Reply to
Tim S Kemp