FOR SALE: In car PC

Hope you dont mind the ad but im a long time lerker here and just read the mac post and this is where i came for advice when i bought about a year i ago. Whats included-gps dongle, gps software with postcodes and voice, its got 2 usb slots at the back and included is a 4 way usb adaptor, theres a device to make any usb slot take like a drive(i use it with the dvd drive). Its got an external usb dongle to allow it to connect to a network or the internet.

Its a lilliput screen(regarded as the best for this kind of thing) Its also a touchscreen.

I have a lead to run it through an alpine stereo

Theres also an infrared keyboard which has a mouse built in. You dont really need this as its touchscreen but in my opinion they are worth haveing for speed of inputting text

The computer would come with just xp on it. You'd need to install everything like the gps dongle and the software. I only have the navigation software so bear this in mind. It will be quite a bit of work but worth it as it would then be personal to you installing medicar etc. I wouldn't be able to provide any technical support as im not technical.

Only thing you may want to buy is a usb stick. I used this to transfer music on a regular basis. You could use the network but when its like only 1 song you wont be arsed going up stairs booting your comp up then going back downstairs to turn your car comp on.

Here what it says in system setting

via nehemiah 998mhz

246mb ram

30gb hard drive

it does run really quick and smoth and boot up time is less then 30 seconds. the guy who originally configured it had the boot time down to about 20 seconds but i dont no how he did that.

Just to clarify too the system runs of a 12v power supply. To start it up you click the small button on the front of the unit which i located under the glove box. to turn it off you just use the touchscreen and click shut down like an ordinary screen. It can be used for hours without the car been on. Its lasted 24 hours before when i forgot to turn it off. If you stall the car etc it doesn't turn off. it basically boots up and shuts down when and where you want it to.

Pictures to follow

Reply to
robert

Looking for £400 for it plus delivery which i think is a good price. I paid loads more then this. I live in dewsbury. Would also take a navigation unit that can be moved from car to car if its decent in part exchange(my mum NEEDS one) If anyone doesn't feel trusting i can show you an ebay account with a lot of feedback and also willing to meet part way to an extent or even list on ebay.

< my car

Reply to
robert

robert wrote: .

Lie's :)

Xenarc is the best and you know it :)

Reply to
Ronny

Lies :)

Xenarc is the best, and you know it :)

Reply to
Ronny

Sounds like a fairly well specced system you got there.

I like Digital theatre used it myself before I discovered apps like Mediacar and centrafuse.

Price sounds reasonable, except the HDD might be a bit small. Which 12v PSU are you using?

I have all the parts I need, as has Ronny I think, but it might bring someone else from here into the CarPC arena.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Lilliput all the way. I dont dont no what power supply it is all i no is it does its job very good. Never let me down

Reply to
robert

If you get no joy here, they do seem quite popular on eBay !

Reply to
Nom

Normally not my sort of thing at all, but I quite like that :)

Reply to
Nom