hmmm in car mac anyone?

not a bad price plus it's nice and small hmmm

Reply to
Vamp

Yuk! I wouldn't have an out-car Mac let alone an in-car one!

;)

Reply to
[-=Dan=-]

Where have you been for the last 2 months?

Reply to
SteveH

I was about to post welcome to last quarter...

They have been in dixon/pcworld etc for about two months ffs ;o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

I wouldn't use that to stand my RC car on, let alone actually use it as a computer in my real car. Its a Mac ffs...

Reply to
DanTXD

in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, "Vamp" slurred :

If you know any students, there's a ~£40 educational discount from the MAC store, which brings it in at under £300. Alternatively get one shipped from the states - they're about £270 + postage.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

What do you need for the discount? At £300 I may consider one. (Hang on only

256mb of ram? and £220 to upgrade to 1Gb!)
Reply to
Depresion

Just looking through the Apple store website: "However, if you have placed this orderafter business hours, you will receive an email notification following startof business the next day."

Doesn't instil much confidence in the quality of there keyboards or spell checker.

Reply to
Depresion

Well I've got a valid student card from the AutoCAD and welding classes I'm taking but I can't find anything on the apple site about a discount.

Reply to
Depresion

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "Depresion" slurred :

I think the RAM is user-upgradeable. I dunno exactly what you need. Some places do insist on proof of studentship, but others basically just get you to click a button saying "Yes, I'm a student, honest". Dunno what mac require.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

You use the Education Shop link from Apple Store UK.

Just fill in the details of an eductional establishment, and click to say 'I am a student, honest'.

Reply to
SteveH

£319 only a £20 discount, they are cheaper on ebay.
Reply to
Depresion

Care to give some links to the auctions - from searching around for a Powerbook / iBook last night, 99% of all auctions for new Apple kit are scams.

Reply to
SteveH

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "Depresion" slurred :

Ah, actually it only seems to work if I try to access it from within the Uni network, so they are obviously doing something selective about the domains used to access it. Anyway, it said £297 earlier today, honest.

If you can't find another method, let me know off group and I'll see if I can help...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I'll have a go at collage tomorrow if I get a chance.

Reply to
Depresion

careful, they don't appear to have a VGA output on the back of them.

Reply to
fishman

Except that they're unuseable with 256MB, so you need to spend £50 on the

512MB upgrade. And then you need to spend £200 on a KB/Mouse/TFT so you can actually use it - and, oh look, you're upto £600 and the cost of TWO decent PCs !

Mac Mini is COMEDY bad. Even the two Mac blokes in this office think it's rubbish.

Reply to
Nom

But they do have a DVI output, and you can use a 99p DVI-->VGA adaptor to connect it to a VGA device :)

Reply to
Nom

Better still use the free one they come with according to the Apple site.

Reply to
Depresion

Or £36.41 if you do it your self with crucial memory, £105.74 for 1Gb less if you do it with cheap stuff.

£60 on a good wireless keyboard combo and a grand on a plasma. £600 would just about buy a good graphics set-up. ;)
Reply to
Depresion