Forza out tomorrow for x box (friday 13th but i have it now!)

pre ordered my copy of Forza for x box online and got it today woo hoo! highly recomended as it's fantastic! currently looning around in a Pug 206 GTi i forgot how fun FWD cars are with loads of understeer hehe. car handles spot on!

got my eye on the MR2 Turbo T-Bar and the Toms MR2 turbo at the mo hehe.

anyone with an x box (no one you PS2 playing scum!) can join me for a game on x box live online for a burn now can't do that in GT4! :)

Reply to
Vamp

got the AE86 now, saving for an engine swap for the one out of the lexus IS200 or Altezza beams 3SGE hehe does GT4 have engine swaps?

Reply to
Vamp

Not that impressed with it yet - prefer GT4. It's better than most of the Xbox crappy driving games though.

Rumour is that the team that makes GT4 are to make a drive game for the Xbox

2...
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Vamp decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nurburgring.

Nuff said.

Reply to
Pete M

as

hehe - it is a bit good isn't it. I'm liking Suzuka atm - there's just something about that track. I've done all but 4 of the driving missions so far btw [dunno if that's good, bad or indifferent]. I didn't think Forza was that good - compared to GT4 its just not right, compared to other xbox drivers it's stellar.

While on the subject has anyone done the test track GT-R drafting battle on GT4 [mission 23] I can't get within less than about 2 seconds of the front GT-R.

Reply to
JohnR

i found Forza plays nothing like the demo, demo felt very PGR2 the full version of forza feels different in a good way, turn the drivers aids off all except ABS and it's a hoot! was having some serious understeer issues with my pug 206 GTi 180 so ditched that and modded my AE86 i won and now pumping 240bhp although i coulda gone for an engine swap but didn't see that at the time i bought the mods D'oh!

getting some serious drifiting action with my current setup will tweek more tomorrow instead of going out on the piss i think hehe

Reply to
Vamp

i want to get a copy of this...so far my fav driving game is Rallisport Challenge 2...may not be 100% realistic but its damn good fun! esp online against others...

i go online but using Xlink kai....its a free way to do it, perfectly legal as it utilises the system link facility..not xboxlive...u need to have ur xbox linked to ur pc tho, as u run software on ur pc....good fun!...esp with Halo 2!

Reply to
JonnyBoy

Put the MR2 engine in.

I got Forza last week (US Xbox) it's good but not as good as GT4 much better drifting than GT4. I've a 551bhp turbocharged R32 Corrado in my garage and I'm thinking of putting the 996 GT2 engine into my early 911 RS. I have even been playing with the decals (on a 612 Scaglietti).

Reply to
Depresion

The road surface feels a lot smoother on the ring in Forza than GT4 and the curbs are a killer. Especially with traction control off and simulation damage on where over revving the engine caused damage.

Reply to
Depresion

05-03-2005 Gamespy 4.5 / 5 05-03-2005 IGN 9.5 / 10 05-03-2005 GamePro 5 / 5 05-09-2005 Eurogamer 9 / 10 05-03-2005 TeamXBOX 9.8 / 10 05-03-2005 1UP 10 / 10 05-03-2005 Game Zone 9.5 / 10 05-02-2005 Yahoo! Games 9 / 10

Now that's something I wasn't expecting. All the preliminaries said it kinda sucked !

Reply to
Nom

Stay in 5th out of the last corner and don't change up, normally helps.

Reply to
Depresion

That depends on what you are looking for in a game and what you compare it too. Compared to Sega GT2002, Group S challenge and other Xbox racers of this style it's better, if you are after a game where you can drift for most of the lap you will also like it. It doesn't hold up so well as a driving simulator (so why try to sell it as such I don't know) or if you consider GT4 it's competition. Forza has some nice features you don't get in GT4 (fit a pro gearbox and you hear the high pitched noise of a raging box, scrape a wall and you paint rubs off, and engine transplants though it won't let me put an RS6 engine into my TT) but GT4 feels a much better and more polished experience. Forza has potential to topple the GT series if they get Forza 2 right and GT5 is the same sort of step on from GT4 that GT3 was from GT2.

Reply to
Depresion

rant

I obviously just don't get it somehow. Tried dragging the pack down the straights but they bump and barge too much to get any sort of caravan going, tried cutting inside round the corners to grab a lead then dragging them round, tried a slingshot off the first corner and hugging the inside to the finish, you name it. If I hang back and slingshot on the back straight I can hit 180+ on the turn in to the finish but it still doesn't get me near enough to grab a tow off the leader. Oh well, getting my money's worth.

Reply to
JohnR

Downloaded a copy of this one, didn't really like it, no sensation of speed and I don't think the cars handle well.

My fave is Need for Speed Underground 2, the Stage 2 Evo8, I swear to god you can very nearly SMELL the tyre smoke!

Anyone interested in downloading XBox games try

you can get the .nzb files from here to loaddirectly into your newsreader prog.I recommend newsbin pro as the newsreader. You will also need a working knowledge of .rar .par and .par2 files (many tutorials on web) A copy of WINRar, QuickPAR and a subscription to a premium news service eg Giganews, Astraweb, Easynews.

Bit of a hassle maybe, but much better than spending £35 on a game you don't really like.

Reply to
Barney Rubble