FS: The Panzerwagen

I'm not likely to be commuting such silly distances very soon, or if I am will have a car paid for by the company, so I've decided that I think I should get rid of the Panzer and get something much more 'me'.

Details:

1998R, 1.8T 146k miles, full VW history to 132k miles, service, inlcuding cambelt carried out by my local mechanic on 138k miles. Polishes up nicely. Immaculate interior. Being the SE model, it comes with VW 'Gamma' audio, climate and electric windows all round with a total closure alarm / immobiliser. Decent tyres all-round. MOT runs out last week December. For the right offer, I'll leave the tax on it.... expires end of May 06.

Value... you tell me. I'll probably stick it in the trader for about £1800.

Pics on my website:

I bought it with 133k miles on it, and have run it up to 146k miles since December last year. It hasn't missed a beat. Probably the most hassle free car I've ever had.

Reply to
SteveH

why does it say 2.0 on the back ?

P.S. I see that as being a very cheap car. I like Passats. Been there though :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

It says 20v on the back... because it's a 1.8 20 valve turbo. (hence the red V).

I think it's a bargain for someone, it's been a hard decision to come to, but I really want another everyday Alfa. (My associates in the AROC will disown me if I kill my 75 by driving it every day)

Reply to
SteveH

Stupid eyes - (Homer J Simpson).

That sort of money would 'almost' buy you a 166.........

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Why do you think I'm selling?

No, I'm not buying a 166, but I've got my eyes on an N plate 164 V6 Super Lusso for under a grand.

Reply to
SteveH

You won't be doing a million miles a week in that then...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

No, I won't. I'll probably end up using the bike (or a s**te old bike) most days, but it'll be nice to have a luxobarge for the days it's just too cold / wet for the bike.

It's not fully settled yet, but I'm about to hand in my notice :-)

Reply to
SteveH

But was it also in the face of a history of hard service?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You forgot to include

"dissilusioned", "poorly", "unmotivated", "mismanaged", "haphazardly", "inferior" in there.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Unfortunately, I don't have a crystal ball - it was in good nick, inside and out.

Mechanically, it was a heap of shit... and I've seen enough of these in older age, to know how in general they don't wear higher mileages that well this side of continued expensive repairs.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH