He gone. Manuel, he gone

He never was a Carlos. But he was definatley a Manuel with the 5 speed=20 box.

Anyway, after my trader ad expired, got a phone call today, came and=20 looked, drove, went away, phone back and offered =A31500, haggled and in=20 the end accepted =A31650. He works for a tyre company and his mate the=20 mechanic who checked it over worked for a garage and runs his own indy=20 porsche parts company.

Would have prefered more, but I needed to shift it. It will pay=20 something off the credit card (used PayPal for the Saab), and it means=20 insurance will be just for one car, instead of the grand LV wanted for a=20

2 car policy. Might be able afford the new roof in the spring now.

Or, now having had one of my dreams, sell it on, and get something more=20 sensible for the winter, MK3 Golf TD, Saab 9000, GM900 something=20 quickish, cheap and economical. I can mark the Saab convertible off the=20 list of dream cars to own.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Anyway, after my trader ad expired, got a phone call today, came and looked, drove, went away, phone back and offered £1500, haggled and in the end accepted £1650. He works for a tyre company and his mate the mechanic who checked it over worked for a garage and runs his own indy porsche parts company.

Would have prefered more, but I needed to shift it. It will pay something off the credit card (used PayPal for the Saab), and it means insurance will be just for one car, instead of the grand LV wanted for a

2 car policy. Might be able afford the new roof in the spring now.

Or, now having had one of my dreams, sell it on, and get something more sensible for the winter, MK3 Golf TD, Saab 9000, GM900 something quickish, cheap and economical. I can mark the Saab convertible off the list of dream cars to own.

Reply to
Vamp

If you're thinking of selling that C900 Cabrio, IIRC it was grey metallic, no?

My Beetle is done with at the end of February. I could be tempted...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I didn't get the 160k grey metallic, this one is 220k red, grey leather=20 (pretty worn), ideally needs a new roof, but has had an engine rebuild,=20 recon box, replacement turbo.

I reckon the =A32.5k I paid is about right. But I don't reckon doing the=20 roof would get me much more back compared to the cost of one.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Red is okay, unless it is now closer to pink in addition to the softtop needing replacement...

Hmmm.

I could be quite tempted, really. Never owned a Saab.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I did think that a black on black or black/oduardo grey 900 vert would be the ideal goth wagon.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

You're talking to someone who originally asked for a yellow Beetle, and got black by default.

The ideal goth wagon, IMO, is a faded-black 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible ;)

Or an E-type.

Hearse.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Next year?? You need to get your grand deposit down on the new C70.

Tim S Kemp

... a black PT cruiser?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Christ, that's ugly.

Reply to
SteveH

Stop looking in the mirror and click on the link instead.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Be too expensive, I suspect. And I won't get one unless I can drive it first, I remember the old C70 Cabrio. Ew.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Ugh.

(Actually, there are often a few at events. Horrid things).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

The red is still very red. It was the Celica that faded to pink (arround the roof/bonnet/boot as=20 they didn't laquer them).

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

New one is Focus based - will be heavy I expect so top engines best bet, probably even better chipped. Should be much better than the TWR cut and shut C70 of old that was based on the less than sporty 850.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp