Graham.

From its speed, the first thing would be to remove the aux. belt and see if it stops. if it doesn't stop then investigate the cambelt (I assume it has one, I am not familiar with that vehicle and Autodata is not running for me at the moment)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It turned out to be aircon related. Turning it on and off has made the sound almost inaudible. I imagine it's a clutch that got stuck partially engaged.

Reply to
Graham.

well found, the clutch only has a tiny clearance, so even a bit of leaf or grit could make a noise, and with the slight variations in the drive belt every little while it could touch.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It was The Natural Philosopher in another group that suggested aircon.

Reply to
Graham.