Getting by the week.

Ignoring the 2 crap weeks with binding brakes.

30.43 30.99 31.11 32.47 33.46

I have now exceeded the manufacturers quoted figure + 10% by quite a margin.

I'm liking this car a lot.

Reply to
Elder

You're obviously driving like a nun, as you're within 5mpg of my last 2 tanks in a Focus TDCI.

Reply to
SteveH

If you're only getting 38MPG out of a Focus TDCi then you can't drive for shit.

Reply to
Conor

Oh yes, the new measure of driving skills is how many MPG you can squeeze from your econobox.

I make it my mission to get as few MPG as possible from my company hacks.

Reply to
SteveH

Depends how anal you are.

Heheheh, is the right answer ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Not really just rush hour motorway morning and evening and the occasional blast at 80 when it clears in the evening and I get bored with sitting in lane one.

It'll get a lot better as the weather gets warmer.

Petrol prices have gone up over the last month, but I've been spending less over the last 2 weeks.

Reply to
Elder

Mmm.

The Skud.

Driving it like Jean Reno in Ronin.

41.3 mpg this week. Official figure is 42mpg, but I'm not suicidal about that missing 0.7 mpg.

No power at all, but you get to use all of it all of the time.

Which is nice.

Best of all, it cost me nothing :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Mine isn't a company hack with a fuel card though. My car,my fuel, my wear and tear and my bank account.

And I plan to get to work as quickly as possible, as comfortably as possible, with as much money staying in my bank and as much flexi staying in credit.

Reply to
Elder

Believe it or not, if I couldn't have found a decent Superb TDi(before I saw the IS) I was considering a Fabia Vrs, but if the missus had dropped her decent post 2k car policy, I might have actually gone for a late Felicia if I could have found an L&K in Black. Would have been a lot cheaper to buy, insure and fuel, but I would have been tempted to do things to it.

Reply to
Elder

I know. Just taking the piss a little. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I've got to be honest - I don't think I've ever really monitored the fuel consumption of my cars.

I know roughly what I get, and I know the Marea 20v was shocking. But it sounded lovely, which made up for the extra few quid a week it cost in fuel over a diesel econobox.

I have never chosen to drive an economical car.... only had them through company policy.

Reply to
SteveH

If that was the sole criteria for your car you would still have bought a B5 Passat for perhaps around half what you paid for the IS and I'll wager be getting nearly twice the MPGs. (c:

Stop kidding yourself and admit you're Alan Partridge. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

**impressed**

Can't wait to see what you get from the pious.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oh come on, that's actually quite a feat.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

As you should. Rentals also. Sub 30mpg from a 1.0 corsa, it's funny.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

180bhp. 140mph. 400Nm, 1800kg. Used most of that this week, driven in and out of central london twice, done 800 miles on britains congested motorways, made all deadlines on time. 39mpg.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I used to have a (company car) Renault Laguna 2.0 RTi Sport .. got through set of front tyres in four weeks and 3000 miles and fuel at ~

18 - 20mpg ... ;)

I blew a turbo on it, then an injector popped off and set itself ablaze!

They gave me a 1.9 Dti after that ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I can't be the only one here who never took note? I always used to forget/not care about re-setting the trip or the little mpg computer so I never really had an accurate over a tank figure. Or am I just the youngest, and as such, an irresponsible oik?

I suppose though, I can remember the basic numbers, and the numbers from the cars with on board computers. The Triumph would be like, £25 for 250 miles, in 2000/2001 ish, the 405, like £40/45 for 250-350 miles in 2001/2002ish. The 206 was like, 30mpgish iirc from the trip, I think it was like the same numbers as the 405, but £5 less to fill. Managed 46.6mpg we noticed one time going to Leeds in heavy summer traffic, after we just filled and reset it - if mum was there she always reminded me :-) The Vee, well, 19-23mpg from the trip comp. Once reset it after a fill, nailed it home and got 8mpg :-) 197 did 27.8 or something over the whole Europe trip, normal tank round here about 25mpg I think, maybe less. I did drive it like intended pretty much 100% of the time, and did immature things like speed tests against my mates Corsa VXR hehe :-p The 197 was quicker than the Vee, which, according to readings online had a very optimistic peak power figure. Whereas 197s with 10k or so on them tended to make 197-202bhp on the rollers... that car was so awesome.

Reply to
DanB

I sometimes work it out, just out of interest, if I appear to be pissing away money on fuel. That's how I found out the shocking truth about the Marea.

I know the Focus mpg as I was doing my expenses and mileage return on Friday.

Reply to
SteveH

When I were a lad in a Diesel 205 I used to put a fiver in the tank and know whether I was doing well at around 85 miles or badly around 65 miles before the light came on.

I got into the habit of resetting the trip computer every time I left the petrol station. I still do, so when I remember how many litres I put in or remember to look at the reciept I go home and work it out in MPGs.

Reply to
Douglas Payne