Ebay agony.

I've found the right car on ebay. The auction ends in 6 hours 35 minutes. I am waiting for the last couple of minutes to put in a bid. So in 6 hours

36 minutes I may, or may not, finally own the Charger I want. This is killing me. I've also called the owner about 10 times on his mobile and left messages and asked him a few questions through ebay. So far, no answer. So I'm wondering if I actually win this thing whether I'll be able to organise to pick it up. Aaaaaaaargh!

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Post a link so I can have a look, i'm only up so late because i'm packing for uni :)

Reply to
Remus

Here you go. It must be 2am there.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

3.40am now just had a shower! I would say that as long as he can provide evidence of the work done (get him to fax /scan it..etc) and you can get the number of the place that restored it to verify that then go for it, but it all seems a little last minute so it really is a case of jumping in blind folded... you may get a bargain, but for $9k aus is it worth it?

If so then I would wait until the last moments and if no one else has placed then leave it to finish and get in contact with the guy and offer him $8k or something?

Reply to
Remus

It looks like a good buy up to about $12k. Not a lot of money for an Aussie icon. The work looks good and it shows up ok in photos. I'll definitely get the number of the guys who did the work. If I win the auction and it turns out he has misrepresented the car I just won't buy it. I am amazed that someone selling a car wouldn't return phonecalls from someone who called and left 6 messages.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

heh, well good luck with the auction i'm gonna hit the sack I think *yawn*

Reply to
Remus

When do you leave?

Today at 2:30 I ship out :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Winning bidder is a certain "fraserjohnston1974" ;-)

If 12k Aus$ was a good price, you've grabbed a bargain.

Applause for Fraser H.Mustard Johnston and enjoy!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Yaaaay for me. It was fun. My broadband went down with 5 minutes to go before the auction ended. The only other bid was my wife with a bid of $9001 to see if it would flush any other bidders out of the woodwork. I had to call my brother in Melbourne and give him my login details to put in a bid for me. He's never bidded on ebay before. With 2 minutes to go my broadband came back up and I managed to get my bid in. Now I just have to wait for the seller to contact me. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston