Golf GTI MK2 Ride Height

Chaps, can any of you tell me what the rear ride height should be standard on a 1992 MK2 GTi?

cheers Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Too high.

Reply to
Elder

Well yes, that's what I'm thinking. A few people have commented on the back of my MK2 saying that it's got the wrong springs on cos it looks too high. I know for a fact it had new standard springs fitted a couple of months ago. The springs were bought from a VAG dealer, I've got the part numbers on the bill, so it is all right. It drives spot on as well. Some people still reckon it's too high though. I was just wondering what the height should be, then I can check it

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Slam it to the floor!

Reply to
DanB

It may look high because they're new - springs take a little while to settle down.

Reply to
DervMan

Bet me to it.

Reply to
Elder

coil overs with a 60mm drop always looks the nuts on MK2's how it'll drive mind is another story, just get some pillow ball mounts and add shit loads of camber and go find some roundabouts :)

Reply to
Vamp

I'll have a look at mine next time I'm near it, but that's not going to be for a while.

According to one of the blokes on CGTI who knows his onions:

"How gospel would you like it? FIA Homologation papers...

16-valve, hub centre to arch (assume underside)

front - 335mm rear - 320mm"

For an 8V you'll want to add 10mm to both of those figures as the 16V's 10mm lower than an 8V. IIRC there are also coloured dots on the springs that denote what car they are for.

Reply to
Doki