here you go Vampy.

Can't tell from looking, but it looks like a stock CAT that has been=20 fully gutted, rather than the HKS decat pipe, dfinatley not a full=20 flowing downpipe.

Difference: HKS (silly money second hand), or gutted stock CAT: more top end power,=20 gets rid of that 5-5.5k tail off. But both look standard so nobody=20 suspects, using a HKS is slightly healthier for your lungs, and a lot=20 less messy than gutting the cat.

Full decat/downpipe: spools up at lower revs, gives a slight increase in=20 torque lower down, gives the same top end increase as HKS/gutted.

Both will give a slight increase in noise, the full downpipe will be=20 slightly deeper in tone.

Gutted CATS normally sell for about =A340-60 on Ebay.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

How old is Vamp's MR2 ? If he's gotta pass the later emissions test, then he'll have to refit his Cat every year for the MOT - the chances of passing without it, are zero.

Reply to
Nom

I think his is a 1990 like my GT4. Pre CAT requirements, only needs to=20 make 3.5% CO and something like 1200PPM Hydrocarbons

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

What's a Gutted CAT, is that one that's grieving over the loss of a FAMILY MEMBER?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I think his is a 1990 like my GT4. Pre CAT requirements, only needs to make 3.5% CO and something like 1200PPM Hydrocarbons

I thought his was a '93?

Reply to
DanTXD

dan gets the browny points :) yeah my car is border line being a 1993 to if it escapes the cat test but i thought being an import there was some loop hole which means i could get away without one?

Reply to
Vamp

Its tough been this good ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

Well, the MOT rules are, "If the exact model does not appear in the test database, even if it is=20 registered after 1992 cutoff, and before 1994, run the visual smoke=20 test" I think. I may be "Run the pre-92 test" Can't remember for sure.