Interesting Video

8mb Video of why I bought quattro :)

Ronny

oh they should of drove it back down at full whack and dukes of hazzard it of the end :-)

Reply to
Vamp

Speaking of interesting videos, did anyone download 'The Nissan Skyline Story" that was mentioned here a week or so back? Watched it last night, its pretty good :) Skylines are awesome - German Nurburgring guru says so, and he was old and grizzled, and has 10,000 laps of the 'ring under his belt, so i accept his opinion as scientific fact.

Reply to
DanTXD

pretty cool.. but I bet lots of 4-wheel drive motors could manage it with special tyres on like that ;-) Then again, what impressed me most was not so much the car getting to the top, but the fact it stayed there once the handbrake was on. When I went up Hardknott Pass in teh Lakes in my Rover, with 4 ppl in, and had to stop on this really steep bit, the handbrake wasn't quite enough to stop the car sliding backwards!

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

I bet the clutch loved it when you came to set off again ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

Thats because the brakes weren't warm yet. If he had done that on a road hill, after an enthusiastic drive round say the lakes, with VAG brakes, it would have cooled and let go big time

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "DanTXD" slurred :

That was on a binaries group, wasn't it? Anyone fancy sticking it on a web site for a short while? Pretty please? :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Notice the cable under the car, the driver has a switch to clamp the cable, so car could stay on that hill lol :)

Reply to
Ronny

Aye, i got someone to download it for me. I have it on a CD if you wanna drive down and get it :) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Connected to a convenient winch ;) Not that i'm suggesting Audi's aren't the ultimate driving machine and possibly cheated and pulled the car up that hill, oh no ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

P.s. - its not on webspace cos its 700mb and i'm on dialup and don't think i have that much space...

Reply to
DanTXD

Crap server :)

Reply to
Chet

yeah i noticed that haha

Reply to
Vamp

I agree :) I'd transfer it over, but then i don't wanna be on one that goes down and deletes everything ;)

Also, it would mean uploading 300mb again in one go.

Reply to
DanTXD

Nah the winch was only connected after he stopped and someone absailed down, the line was not connected to a winch and it was free running under the car, only the driver could operate the handbrake which clamped to the line instead of the brakes.

Reply to
Ronny

Well you know...

It didn't do it without studded winter tyres. It would be interesting to see if a FWD Audi could make it up there on studded winter tyres!

Reply to
DervMan

yeah, noxious burning smell emanated from it as a result of that.. it was the fastest foot-off-the-brake-onto-accelerator manouever I've ever done, and it takes quite alot of gas to do a hill-start while starting to roll backwards on a 30 degree incline in a full car ;)

Reply to
Bigus

PM me your address - i'll send you one.

Reply to