Bloody hell!

G234 GMS - my old Fiat X1/9 Gran Finale (which I was told was written off - I certainly saw the first accident, but apparently it was rolled too!) - is still on the road according to the DVLA!?!

Also, my Capri Laser is still out there.

But my Rover P6 hasn't been SORN or Licensed for a year...

Wonder where my X1/9 is...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

in a field on it's roof i'm guessing :)

how did you check?

Reply to
Vamp

Given that it was allegedly rolled in the mid 90s...

I checked on the DVLA website. It's taxed, and has been taxed recently, too.

I never saw it get rolled. All I ever saw was light front end damage; I wanted to buy it, was messed around, then was told it had been rolled and then was being battered back into shape.

I certainly didn't think it would survive another decade.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Strangely, people actually restore them these days.... it could even have been re-shelled.

Reply to
SteveH

That's a nice thought.

I'd like another one.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I nearly bought one a few years ago, but I went for the 124 Spider instead.

I definitely want another one of those.

Reply to
SteveH

i'd rather have the MR2 MK1 which ripped off the 1/9 but was better and more reliable ect :)

Reply to
Vamp

I shall reserve judgement, I haven't driven an MR2 far and the one I drove burst a brake pipe.

But the X1/9 is remarkable. I doubt the MR2 is as fluid. I'd like to be proven wrong ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

i saw a x 1/9 at JAE (obviously a bit lost i guess as it's a jap thing) but anyway it was with the MK1 MR2's and both cars do look-a-like. i'm guessing there both good cars as i've only driven the MR2 but i think the MR2 made more power at 122bhp didn't it? and that's forgetting the jap supercharged

1.6 of 145bhp
Reply to
Vamp

?origin=vehicleDetails_en.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.enquiry

Reply to
Ronny

But the X1/9 was a genuine baby Ferrari.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2