How about a Manchester curry night with a difference.

Free your mind and your bowels will follow :)

Caribean food is actually very, very fantastic.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I went to the curry mile for the first time a month or so back and have to say I wasn't overly impressed. It was like being in some tacky resort abroad what with all the neon, people hassling you to come into their restaurant and the far eastern dudes selling tacky light up trinkets on street corners. Not to mention the endless rude boys in their modded cars.

The curry wasn't anything to write home about either, nor was the service for that matter. Best curry I've had in Manchester was from the British Raj takeaway in Altrincham. Been great on two out of two occasions I've visited.

Maybe I visited a bum restaurant in Rusholme or maybe it doesn't live up to the rep at all.

Caribbean food however, sounds good and I've never tried it so I might be back, especially as I'm moving to Didsbury next month...

Reply to
fishman

Well, I have bought from the british raj takeaway in Warrington. Actually bought Xmas dinner from them one year when we decided no to cook.

Was fantastic and made a change for turkey.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Caribbean food is great. Can be really hot thanks to the scotch bonnets. But then they make great pineapple, peach, or banana fritters too.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

indian curry sucks ass imo, carrib food is nice, curry goat and jerk chicken is the shizzle, we have a carribean themed mini festival close to me in st pauls, (also home to gun police and mini gangsters) which is nice, get some nice food.

Reply to
Theo

I can see his website attracting some misguided visitors...

Reply to
Halmyre

LOL. Funnily enough, got the same response when I suggested we had a works curry night there too.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Well I can't say that any effects of an indian curry can be described as sucking ass. No suction is usually required to remove its contents.

Reply to
fishman

sucking is required to hold it in, so in that respect i am correct :)

Reply to
Theo

Which one did you go to?

Reply to