How would you describe the Audi A4?

Hmmm... Cinquecento, Fiesta D, Mondeo D, Ka, Accord.

Remind me again why "Dervy would have one" is a good thing for a car's reputation?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yes it's only the cars he actually gets that are the bad ones.

Reply to
Depresion

Heh. You forgot the Saab 9-3.

Anyway Mr. Rover 75 driver, look who's talking..? :)

Reply to
DervMan

"Pete M" wrote in message news:pTZNg.18608$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Did I miss this? I wanna join!

Reply to
DervMan

Rover 75s aren't bad.

Besides, there are people in here with far worse car "previous" than Dervy.

Cinq, Fiesta, Escort, Alfa 33s, Passat....

I've owned some s**te, but even I can't rival some of those choices, and I wish people would stop saying the Ka is shit. They're not, they're just /different/

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:iogOg.19047$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Yeah, with the right drivetrain, they're great *cough V8*.

Heh.

I still miss mine. Quite a bit some days, usually, when I'm tackling a B-road in my motorway cruiser...

Reply to
DervMan

/different/ like /michael jackson/ or /gary glitter/

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Estelle/Favorit/Saab turbo/Toyota GT4 turbo 4x4/Saab Turbo Convetible/Octavia. Seeing a brand pattern here.

Reply to
Elder

Fabia next?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Just make sure it's a VRS then he can get it chipped and piss off ken.

Reply to
Depresion

It would be. Although Maybe an ST205 if I get flush, or a Saab 9000 Aero for some silly luxury. Possibly even a Superb TDi although I reckon the 1.9 is wasted in the Superb, and the V6 is still too pricey even though it suits the model better.

Reply to
Elder

The 2.5 V6 is a little disappointing when compared to what VAG did with the

1.9 & 2L 4 pot TDi lumps and the V10 but it can be fixed with a bigger turbo.
Reply to
Depresion

Yes: you buy the V6 for the smoothness and noise rather than the performance and economy, oh, hold on... :p

Reply to
DervMan

I wodner why there was never a V10 Diesel superb. Would be absolutley spanking. Oh Wait then they wouldn't need the Phaeton or Flying spur.

Reply to
Elder

I can't think of a reason to justify the Phaeton anyway...

Reply to
DervMan

Aye, but it was a sort of 'because we can' type project for VAG, wasn't it? - more a test-bed for new platforms and toys rather than something they expected to sell in even modest quantities.

A bit like Honda - every so often they'll do something just to show how clever they are and / or test new stuff before it becomes mainstream.

(Usually with Honda, they release bikes that have no relevence to the market place just as a demonstration of what they can do....)

Reply to
SteveH

Right. I've only seen two, two at the same time mind you, each with five bloke in in convoy in York... presumably some sort of demonstration.

So VAG are trying to palm off a concept car, then? :p

Reply to
DervMan

I've seen several. Don't know if they were the cheap one or proper one, though. Last one I saw was parked opposite me at Birmingham airport.

Lovely, they are, in a sort of big B6 Passat sort of a way. I'd definitely have one, if they were in my car banding.

Heh. More or less. There's definitely some Phaeton DNA in the new Passats, but they're definitely a lot closer to a Bentley than they are to the rest of the VW range.

Reply to
SteveH

You mean the budget special 3.0 TDI at the moment, £6,000 odd off?

Or the £73K W12?

That's the badge. :0

Or it's in a similar manner that the Ka shared some DNA with the Aston Martin range.

Reply to
DervMan

Well, I don't know the range well enough to instantly tell the difference between the two. Which is a bit of a bad marketing and styling decision by VW.

Nah, the styling is similar (front lights and mirrors especially), dash layouts share some features, I'm sure there's other stuff, too.

I'd have one, anyway. I reckon the V6 TDI would be an excellent company car.

Reply to
SteveH