How would you describe the Audi A4?

The BBC news have just said that Scotland Yard are looking for an Audi A4 sports car. Sports car the A4?

Reply to
Depresion

praps one of the hotter models?????

RS4????

but hey i'm not complaining excuse me whilst i take the sports car down to tesco for a loaf :)

Rob with the sporty A4 :)

Reply to
Rob

Saloon.

Reply to
Doki

Overpriced old shape passat.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Rough riding, common, boring and staid. The stereotypical Essex girl but on wheels..?

Reply to
DervMan

I think your getting BMW mixed up with Audi

Reply to
Ronny

And I will bite, the Passat does not share a platform with the A4 :)

Reply to
Ronny

Depends which one it is.

The A4 released in the mid 90s shared the B5 platform with the late 90s Passat.

Reply to
SteveH

It's very easy, when you look in our office car park.

In isolation and aside the poor ride quality, they're okay. But almost every other car in our office car park is a black (diesel) Audi A4. The rest are a black (diesel) BMW 320. That makes them a common, boring and staid decision.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people buy them, but but...

Reply to
DervMan

Okay, okay, Skoda Superb.

Reply to
DervMan

In news:4506fe67$0$27301$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, DervMan wittered on forthwith;

But the Skoda is the best thing available on that chassis..

"it's a pity"

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:xRINg.60183$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

I'd have one....

Reply to
DervMan

In news:45079de6$0$27318$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, DervMan wittered on forthwith;

Ah, as "Elder" hasn't bothered his arse and read this thread, I suppose I'd better explain.

"It's a pity" is what the word "Skoda" means in Czech, strangely enough.

Reply to
Pete M

Actually, it is in Slovak, they love to rub that into the Czechs, then mention that they also have the great driving in the Tatra mountains, that the luxury marque was named after.

Reply to
Elder

Buy me a Pivo and I'll explain. Bloody Flyglobespan have cancelled my planned trip to Prague next spring.

Reply to
Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

I got it from my friends Honza, Lucie and Butch, who're from Liberec and just outside Prague that it means the same in Czech.

I'm off to Liberec in January with Honza, then driving to Prague with Lucie in the summer.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M - Using the Scouse Side of the Force - Range Rover Vogue EFI Citro=EBn Xantia SX TD OMF#9

"This is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules"

Pete, what an OMF#9?

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Oh yeah the topic! Nothing with 4 doors is a sports car. If Ferrari made a new 4 door super car it would be a super car guts unfortunate enough to be stuck under a shopping cart, until it is lucky enough to get written off. Some one has just piped in and said the police have sports cars with 4 doors. Sorry even they are kiddie transporters with police stickers on. I also have an old J reg Astra estate to get to work in, maybe that is a sports car as well?

Stu Still thinking of something else to put under my name, no offers thanks.

Reply to
Stu

In news: snipped-for-privacy@e63g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, Stu wittered on forthwith;

It's to do with being a member of the "Order of Mechanical Fuckwittedness". The 9 is merely my membership number.

Reply to
Pete M

It's a UKRM thing.

'Order of mechanical fuckwittedness'