I finally took some pics....

Bog standard, totally unmodded, but what the hell.

Mods are off the list as it could be up for sale in a few weeks.

Reply to
SteveH

Hello,

Well done, that is a lovely unmolested car - don't ruin it by adding a giant airfix kit. one of my neighbours has an unmolested Golf VR6 and immaculate XJS convetable - usually kept in a garage. people appreciate them for what they are, they don't need to be attacked with stupid and pointless boy racer parts.

Reply to
JK

It could do with a set of alloys an slightly lowered suspension as all modern VWs have undersized wheels and stilt-like suspension.

A chip would be nice, too, but I reckon that could stress my engine as it already has 137k miles on it.

Wouldn't have any stick-on tat, though.

Reply to
SteveH

So how does the 1.8T stand up to 137k miles?

Got my eye on a 52 plate A3 1.8T SE with 57k on it. Trouble is its the light sky blue metallic, and dark colours suit them better.

Hmmm.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim.. (Remove Safetycatch)

19's from RS4 :)

Wimp ;)

Not even a cheeky little lip spoiler ;) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Slightly tappety starting up on very cold mornings, but goes away after a few seconds.

Other than that it's fine - you'd be hard pushed to tell it from one half it's mileage or even less.

It's more than respectably rapid for such a large barge, too.

It's a Golf with a posh badge. Surely you could get an Golf GTI Anniversary with 180bhp for A3 money?

Reply to
SteveH

But then you don't get the posh badge ;) Also, isn't the A3 1.8T a Quattro?

Reply to
DanTXD

I'm sure it's only the S3 that's a quattro, but I could well be wrong.

Reply to
SteveH

Its up to you, you can buy a 1.8T A3 with quattro, same quattro that comes on the S3, but as well all know its not really quattro :)

Reply to
Ronny

Heh, it's that Haldex s**te, innit.

Personally, I don't really give a toss about 4wd, but the extra 30bhp of the Golf would be appreciated.

Now, back to looking at the co. car tax rates on these things.

Reply to
SteveH

Bugger - you got there first. ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Exactly what I was going to say, nothing over the top some VW 16" or 17" wheels and 30mm drop. Then a repaint in something other than that green.

Reply to
Depresion

That green is the reason I got it the best part of a grand less than most dealers would ask for one :-)

Buyer's Guides rock at times, as they tell everyone not to buy one that colour.

Reply to
SteveH

Why would he do that ?

Why are you still retarding around this group ?

Reply to
Nom

Only 3 months? The Primera managed better than that didn't it? :-)

Aha. It may not be as tax efficient as it used to be but there's still a lot to be said for car shopping with someone else's money and then having the peace of mind that every service and repair is not your problem :)

Reply to
Grant

That's a top colour!

Reply to