I missed this while I was in Whitby.

So much potential. Petrol would be thirsty, but I can't imagine the mourners following a cloud of diesel.

Reply to
Elder

And the plate on this is almost cool.

Elder

'Better 250 engine'? WTF is that guy on? It's the worst engine you can get in a W123 - drinks like the proverbial pissed fish and won't pull skin of a rice pudding. One of the very few engines carried over from the previous model. Not that this makes it any better...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Remember it is in a hearse, so all it needs to do is plod along.

Reply to
Elder

I'm not really convinced that a hearse is a suitable commuting tool hehe! Mind you, you'd probably be less likely to get cut up. Or maybe you are, because everyone will think you're gonna go waaaaaaaaay slow and not wanna get held up behind you. Which you are, and you will whether you like it or not :-)

Reply to
DanB

It'll probably roll less than his Toybota, but has less need for a vibrating rear seat...

Reply to
Pete M

I think that's a perfect commuting tool. A bit long maybe. I'd like to get it and drop a nicer engine in it (500-series v8?), keep it outwardly as is and stick an *empty* coffin in the back. That'd get some looks as a daily driver. Especially doing traffic light races with Chavs in Saxos. Big boot for the shopping too. or stick it in the coffin, I think they slide out easy enough don't they?

My wife says I'm sick for thinking of all that though..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

She's right.

Do it.

Reply to
PCPaul

But so is Mike. How many clubcard points would I get in Tesco if I loaded my shopping into one of these.

Elder