Is this restorable do you think?

What you reckon - restorable or not - looks like a lot of work to me - and no, I did not buy it!

or, what about this one then, might have considered this if it had got some doors!!!

Same seller as you will notice.

Reply to
David J. Button

Door parts are available from the 101 club and, as it just so happens, we are just about to remove a fully working 3.5litre V8 from our Ambi in order to fit a diesel......

Lizzy

Reply to
lizzy

First one looks like a joke to me, buy it for the numberplate and scrap it, second one is a little better.

Andrew Renshaw

Lizzy, how much do you want for it & is it OK Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I did not buy it!

First one went for £70!!! Gotta be worth that for the number plate alone. It's really not worth the effort I would imagine.

Cheers

Nige

Reply to
Nige

It's really not worth the

The number plate is worthless without an MOT

Reply to
SimonJ

Really? how come?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Reply to
Paul Coley

It's quite obvious whoever bought that is just after the ID & plates, as it happens I used to work for the guy selling it, he has several terminal wrecks lying around. If you were wondering about the front wing we accidentally reversed an Alvis APC tracked tank into it, oops. Think the Ambi was quite a good buy though, he offered it to me last month for £500 but didn't need that much of a project.

Fergus

Reply to
fergus.kendall

Any landrover is restorable if you try hard enough

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You can only transfer a number plate from a vehicle which has tax and test.

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:50:00 +0000 (UTC), "David J. Button" enlightened us thusly:

looks surprisingly straight. Anything's restorable, at a price.

Blimey, that's a rough one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

and who said anything about "transferring"

Reply to
Smurf

I'm more interested in the buyer ;-)

Everything is worth a go at a resto, but at what cost given there are others on sale that do not need so much work?

I know the buyer of this, and also know he'll do a good resto, but if you're not inclined toward such a job, forget it.

Reply to
Mother

In order to transfer the VRN the donor needs to be taxed and tested.

Reply to
Mother

I think we REALLY need to have a little chat at some point, Fergus.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:19:23 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

Also, the number in itself is no use to you for tax-exempt purposes unless you have a '73 or '74 SIII to "restore" to pre-'72 condition.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Aye. I've never understood how people can write off a landrover as being scrap. Not worth the effort of restoring is a different thing. I'd say that with a tax exempt one it is worth the effort, even if it means getting hold of another one to use as a donor.

Reply to
Tom Woods

You're not pulling out the gearbox as well are you?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

What's the big draw of a vehicle being tax exempt? It's a saving of ?160 per year - that's all. Pales into insignificance really - it's not even three tanks of petrol in a Range Rover.

What will ?160 buy these days? A half decent meal for two (sans wine), a couple of ordianaryish tyres. A single mens welted shoe. It's a tiny drop in the ocean compared to the running costs of our Land-Rovers (and lives generally).

So why the hype and people fiddling 1975 Landies to look older?

Reply to
Simon Atkinson