VW AUDI VAG-COM OBD II Diagnostic Cable with KKL Line

Hello

Would I be able to wire the car ( 2001 Vw Polo mk5 6n2) up to a laptop with VAG COM software using this cable -

Or would this one be more appropraite -
I dont really have a clue how the wire ends work ! Anyone out there give some information ? And what port on the laptop do these wires plug up too ?

Cheers In Advance Neil.

Reply to
Neil F

First link doesn't seem to work and the second links item specifically says it's not compatible with VAG-COM.

The cables normally plug into the Serial port or USB. Which one depends on the particular cable. The item in the second link appears to be a serial connection.

Hope this helps

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

Thats the first link

Id think this one would be easier to use , but are there much diffrences ??

Neil F

It says it does but you'll still need the software

It just plugs into the serial port. If you don't have aserial port then you're a lot better off using one of the USB cables rather than a serial adapter.

Reply to
DuncanWood