GAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Right, RWD, good brakes, good handling, cheap. Find a MK1 MR2?

Reply to
Doki

i get the image of you being a fat bloke, go for it.

Reply to
Theo

do it there f'ing good cars eh carl :)

if the turbo didn't cost me so damn much i'd of kept it as a second runner my MK1

Reply to
Vamp

MR2 you could do I guess. I'll have a short back and sides while you are about.

Reply to
Depresion

Mk II Escort.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

I'd give my first born child for one, but I don't have one yet. I also don't have the cash to buy a non-rotten one.

Reply to
Doki

Meh, unless you're fussy about 2 doors - my mate Ian just sold his /very/ tidy and non-rotten 1.6 4 door for £700ish (don't know how much, but he always said he'd never sell it for less). RS alloys, spoiler, dam, proper

1/4 bumpers, no rust on it, and was bloody hilarious to drive.

As long as you don't care about the 2 door thing, a non-rotten Mk II Escort will cost about the same as a partly rotten Mk 1 MR2, bearing in mind the tendency of the MR2 to rot around the rear arches and the top of the windscreen.

I hate to say it, but if you're having that sort of trouble, I'd go for an E30 BMW 320i. Even the Tourers are under a grand now. The badges look about the same size and shape as Skoda ones, so you can always hide the fact that you're driving a BMW.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Damn good advice that....excellent fun to drive.

compared to what?? a ford? dontbe silly. they are far better :o)

Reply to
Mason

Not unless they've got a Vauxhall engine in 'em :-)

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yep. A truly sad loss to this country. Nuff said.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I am only young...but he was one of my hero's....

All through collage and uni I worked in pubs/clubs as a DJ. Always wanted to do it since i was a nipper so i did. I did a spell in local radio and fullfilled an ambition. All through my childhood i admired him as one of the fathers of Radio DJ's. It's a sad loss for me.

John Peel and Brian Clough in one year :o( (i'm a lifelong forest fan too)

Reply to
Mason

When was the last time you saw one going for sensible money though ? There's a MK2 van around the corner from me, tidy but "well used" and they're wanting £1695 for it ! I think I bought the last "£50 MK2"

Silly money, especially to people like me who remember when you couldn't give 'em away, wish I'd had the forethought/money/storages facilities or maybe I'll get around to finishing that time machine......

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I had one earlier in the year - W Reg 1.6 Ghia manual, 4 door.

Drove quite well, whilst a bit scruffy due to flat lacquer etc., it wasn't a rot box, and just needed one plate on the sills structurally - strut tops were done for the last MOT.

Things like the rear seat were in need of TLC, but overall it drove quite well, and was good fun to drift round roundabouts etc. :-)

I struggled to get £200 for it, and had no end of dreamers enquire about it, but never turn up etc.

Reply to
jack hackett

Bugger, I'm kinda looking for another project too, would've been nice...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

*Always* the way, innit.
Reply to
jack hackett

oh shut up :P

+320i's arn't half the drivers car that 325i is! £500 should get you a good 325i that maybe needs some work.

?ViewItem&category=9837&item=2495898401&rd=1

Reply to
REMUS

It may have escaped your attention, but both those auctions you linked to, and others you have linked to in the past IIRC in an attempt to prove a point, are not finished. This means we don't know what people are willing to pay for the items in question.

Take the 2nd car you linked to for instance, and lets be honest about it; a person selling a car with a starting bid of £500 and a buy it now of £1200 is not going to realistically give in for £500. Well, at least if it was me selling something I thought was worth £1200 I wouldnt sell it to someone for £500.

I'm not saying one can't get a good 325i for £500, I don't know anything at all about used beemer prices, but please, until you have some/any sort of evidence, don't try to convince us that you do either.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

They are auctions he could bid on.

Here are some completed ones then grumpy:

but its a tourer
on the dot
didn't meet the reserve Can't be arsed to find any more.

Reply to
REMUS