I need a Wireless

The Skud has a particularly splendid radio cassette player, replete with loudspeaker apparatus in each front door.

I am led to believe that this provides a rudimentary sort of of binaural stereo imagery.

Seeing as I haven't bought a new car wireless since, I think 1989, when I bought a new Goodmans for £25 for my Royale Coupe, I believe I may qualify as being in need of some new equipment.

Suggestions welcome.

Wants :- SD card slot, bluetooth. Doesn't want : - a squillion buttons and Disco Tokyo stylee display. Will consider - new speakers.

Budget - remember, it's going in a free Skoda that cost a fiver to get through the MOT, I'll let you work out the budget.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Have a scout around eBay for a VW 'Gamma' - should be around £25 and will look 'factory' in the Skoda.

Reply to
SteveH

Bad form, but obviously you don't get an SD card or Bluetooth..... doh!

Reply to
SteveH

clairion (sp?) springs to mind. although you do get an SD slot and bluetooth but no CD tray if that bothers you? it will set you back around a 110 of your uk pounds though

Vamp

Wait for the next Aldi/Lidl special. My mate has one, I was dubious but it has all the SD, USB, MP3 CD Player, Bluetooth etc. Sounds better than the Sony he took out (well, being a Sony I know that's a given...) and to be honest, I've owned and heard some pretty flash headunits in my time and it sounds as good as any sub £300 unit I've heard. Obviously it's not quite there with the proper OTT stuff soaring over that price, but for £50 they're an absolute bargain given the sound and build quality and all the features.

Reply to
DanB

I flogged one of them on Ebay not long ago - didn't rate it at all myself and also, for what a CD drive costs them it's just lame not to add on. It's very limiting if say, a mate jumps in and is like "Dude check this out" and brandishes a CD heh! Although I guess, it would force you to FINALLY put all your CDs onto your PC...

If you end up buying online,

have never failed me, and they're usually the cheapest IME.

Reply to
DanB

Does it act as hands-free for bluetooth phones?

Reply to
Conor

If you don't mind pikey, I've got an Aldi special going spare, only a few months old.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Pikey I can do. (See car manufacturer for details.).

What did you have in mind ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

No- not the one they had on just after christmas. No Bluetooth on that one.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

I brought a lidl one in july last year, that has bluetooth for hands free with a mike that comes out the back with about a metre of cable so you can position it where you want, sounds pretty good.

Cost £69.95 IIRC and they seem to bring them out every couple of months, don't know if it would be worth asking if they've got any kicking around at your local store?

james

Reply to
jamesd1974

Wait for the next Lidl/Aldi deal and get bluetooth too for under £70.

Reply to
Elder

The Silvercrest I got from lidl for the Saab did. And get this, the removeable front was actually made from metal, not bendy plastic.

I still have it, but I'm saving it as a spare. If the factory one in the lexus packs up, it is going in.

Reply to
Elder

Well, it cost me £50 IIRC. It lived in the Fabia for a couple of months, and the combination of

a) I'm lazy

b) I like the way the Leon's atandard one fits and looks

means it's hanging about. The quality isn't bad at all: a little bit of digital noise on bluetooth streaming, but CD/FM/MP3 as good as the old Pioneer and better than the OEM Skoda unit. The display is a bit disco tokyo, but not mad.

It's boxed, with all the bits and manual, and the wiring loom is already swapped over to suit VAG. If you're interested, let me know. if you remove the obvious spamtrap, mail will reach me.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

for more info.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

It does indeed, he uses his SE Bluetooth'd to it.

Reply to
DanB

Ah good point, I beleive they did two for a bit, or maybe one at Lidl an a different one at Aldi. The BT one was £60 and the non-BT was £50 IIRC. I had a feeling they'd stopped doing the non-BT one now but maybe not?

Reply to
DanB

Marvellous..same make phone here so that's good to know.

Reply to
Conor

If you are still looking, this is the one I bought. Due in 23/02

Works very well for what it is, and it a nice solid metal front and a rotary dial, not flimsy plastic and push buttons you can never quite find.

Reply to
carl.robson

Just got a flier from Lidl and they appear to be selling what you want as of next Monday.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)