I so want this Tshirt.

I may purchase said item once I have paid for my Cult Tickets.

Reply to
Elder

Lavely boss

Reply to
James

I already have purchased said item :-)

Can't find any Cult tickets for down here though in London. Last time I saw them was 30th May 1993 at MK bowl when they supported Guns'n'Roses. Seems the Forum gig is sold out :-(

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I want a 'Fire up the Quattro' t-shirt.

Reply to
SteveH

They are on Ebay, but just basic single line of vinyl letters saying "Fire up the Quattro !".

Reply to
Elder

Nah, that's not good enough. I want a picture of the man himself and the strapline. A bit like the 'armed bastards' shirt.

Reply to
SteveH

I think I'd rather have one with Suzi Quatro on.

I loved every minute of Life on Mars, and while Ashes to Ashes so far appears to be pretty good I still can't think of a car that Gene Hunt would be less likely to drive than an Audi Quattro.

Next thing they'll probably move him to the early 90's for "Tin Machine" and have Hunt knocking about in a dictator spec Merc S600 SEL.

"Fire up the Amin Machine!"

Reply to
Pete M

It's the 80s, in 'the City', so a Quattro is just the right car. IMHO, of course.

People will argue this one for years to come, that it's not the 'right' car for him, but it definitely was the icon of the early 80s, just as the 'tina GXL was a bit of a 70s icon for those who remember that far back.

Reply to
SteveH

this is the one i've ordered from the US :-)

james

Reply to
john doe

Hehehe classic line of the episode.

Still enjoying watching the first series on dvd (got as a xmas present). Very enjoyable watching.

Not sure how series 2 will go.

Reply to
James

I remember when the Quattro came out, a bloke who lived near me bought one. Very well off chap, brand new, metallic brown, left hooker Quattro. I remember my dad talking to him about it in the pub and the chap saying "Oh, it's great, but really really expensive to run".

Chap in question owned an Aston V8 Vantage, a new Rolls Royce Silver Spirit and a V12 E-Type amongst other stuff, but he complained about the running costs of the Quattro.

This is why, to me, it's wrong that Gene Hunt is meant to have a Quattro. I know it's petty, but I doubt that a hard nosed Mancunian cop would spend all his wages running some German wunderwagon.

Reply to
Pete M

That is, of course, if he paid for it himself....

I can't believe how much debate this has caused - especially as the whole series is about time-travelling cops living in a fantasy world whilst in a coma.

Reply to
SteveH

Katie bought me the S1&2 box-set for my birthday last year.

It's looking promising - although it's a lot less 'serious' than LoM - plenty of parodies of other 80s shows creeping in.

Line of episode 2: 'I'm not scratching this beauty'.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, and?

Have you missed the point of this thread?

Reply to
SteveH

I know, that's what's silly about it.

It could be, on the other hand, something to do with the fact that I think Gene Hunt is a quality geezer, but most ur-Quattro drivers appear to be utter wankers IME [1].

The kind of people I mean are the self-obsessed, smarmy bastards who nowadays tend to drive black 4.6 X5s very badly and cut everyone up in traffic, mortgaged half way to Mars, yet drink in wine bars wearing Armani suits, heart attack at 40, divorced twice, bankrupt 3 times, trophy wife who's cheating on 'em and they cry themselves to sleep at night because they can't afford the paper in the morning.

That's why I don't like Gene Hunt in a Quattro.

[1] I'm sure not all Quattro drivers are wankers, but I've met quite a few who fitted the bill perfectly years ago..
Reply to
Pete M

In leather...

I can't see him in one, have you noticed he even wears a quattro tie. When they came out they were 35k new, way out of his price range.

Reply to
Geoff

He's got 20% off for the next two days on all his shirts. So I emailed him and said what a pisser it was I ordered mine at the weekend.. so he's even refunded my 20%. Seems like a good guy to deal with...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

There may be one coming up on that very site now I mentioned it to the bloke that that is what some people want...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P