You know you want it

I want it so much I'm the highest bidder... Woo!

Won't be for long though.

Reply to
Pete M

I might just end it now and make you come and get it :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Bollocks, it'd cost me a ton to collect the feckin' thing...

Reply to
Pete M

It'd be worth it though

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

LOL

Reply to
Pete M

Yay, I've been outbid :-)

Reply to
Pete M

Charlie may well kill me...

Reply to
DervMan

Not any more :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Damn you all, I quite fancied that thing for £15.

Reply to
Pete M

Charlie gets hung up over old cars with no cupholders and likes new ones with funky cupholders. She likes the Toyota Yaris and Agro* and doesn't like the Saab**.

(Just realised, for all SteveH's American-bashing, he has some odd American behavioural traits, such as liking barges good for freeway driving and nothing else).

*Me too, but don't quite see the economy in buying a new car, meh. :) **Good excuse, "but darling, I honestly thought a 530d _was_ smaller than the Saab."
Reply to
DervMan

Lincoln Towncar, you know it makes sense.

I can't comment. The Scorp is like a yankmobile but has no cupholders and actually handles rather well. I still can't get used to the fact that it handles.

New cars are for people who like burning money.

Probably is, inside.

Reply to
Pete M

Hmm. Not in the UK I don't think. I think I'd rather have a Honda Insight.

It's based on the Sierra, which when released, was considered to be one of the best in the class. It'll come as no surprise that the class included the just-released "new Passat" too.

Some things never change.

These people should really be praised and encouraged, since they're looking after the machine for the next person and the dealer.

The 9-3 is small inside. The boot is absolutely *vast*, but Saab took space from the rear seat instead. That's because if you want a large rear seat you buy the 9-5.

I so rarely take people in the back that it isn't a priority. Of the 25K I'll drive a year, I'd be lucky if 50 include the rear seats in use.

Reply to
DervMan

Ewwww. Even I'd rather have a diesel than one of those things.

Not really. The rear axle is virtually the same as the Mk 1/2/3 Granada . Sierra one, and the front end is different from the Sierra and Granada (lower wishbones instead of TCA). Ford spent a fortune engineering the Frog-Eye only for it to last half the time it was meant to (due to being ugly). Mine's one of the really rare ones because it's the '98 spec which was revised all over the place but only built for a few months - was meant to be the 2001 facelift but they threw the bits on early then killed the car.

I loved 'em when I was a salesman. Always encouraged 'em to change every

2 years..

E39s aren't big inside.

Get an MX5.

Reply to
Pete M

Actually, given the Insight's NiMH batteries, weany 1.0 petrol engine and

0.25 Cd, that's what I was thinking. Chop out that hybrid crud and fit a Ford 1.6 TDCi 110.

Then compare mileage with the real Insight... ;)

So half of it is the same then. :) Now under half of the 9-3 is the same as the Cavalier, but it's the same machine in some circles, so I must be right, me...

Ford Options... every two years drive a new Ford.

I know, but they're bigger than the previous shape, which is bigger than the

9-3 inside.

No need to change though. The Saab is a good tool for the job in hand.

Reply to
DervMan

Pah it's over my budget now. :-/

Reply to
DervMan

A Calibra has some obscenely slippery Cd rating, why not throw a GM V6 diesel lump in one of those. (and tweak the suspension, natch).

You could even put a Saab badge on it. Or Saabra or summat. Even Alfra.

Far better than buying an Insight. Couple of cupholders, job done.

(Please note: It's only a Calibra, and it's only Dervy I'd recommend this to...)

Reply to
Pete M

LOL!

Heh. It would need a spot of welding to strengthen the chassis.

If I were planning this whole diesel conversion lark again and it weren't a

1.4 HDI into a Ka, it ought to be something mid / rear, like the MR2.
Reply to
DervMan

Go dervy, just a little bit more ;)

Reply to