I think I want another Ka

why do you want a ka "korean airplane" ;)

Reply to
aussie bongo

645D. Don't. I'll give up my day job... although it's doing that without me at the moment.

If Leica ever do an M digital (yeah yeah yeah) then I'll be up for a remortgage - used to do weddings with an old college mate, we both had rangefinders loaded B/W and SLRs loaded colour - mine was pentax and minolta, his was nikon and leica....

Pentax glass has always been spot on - I never really kept a lot of lenses - for me it never really got beyond being assistant / second on stuff my mate did. Doing quite a bit of video now though.

The point is fitting more than two drives in a notebook = not easy... twice the transfer rate!

MBP is the way to go - I'd kind of like one for Logic, but got other priorities and problems justnow...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Agreed, except, still *way* too expensive.

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah, I know, which is why I'm in a 2.0 NA petrol. What about a standard 1.9 TDi Octavia. They can be sorted too, and all the VAG diesel tuners sort them.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Aye, that was me, well the missus. Now it's running ok with the new engine, and has some nice Oz wheels she's happy for now. Although she's trying to persaude me to buy a 205 CTi that she can drive over the summer and I'll have the MR2. Very tempting if the Manta sells!

PS whats wrong with a Manta? I happen to know of a good one for sale :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Stick a V8 in, tell her it's a Chevy Monza that shrunk in the wash (and somehow lost the chassis in the process).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I don't mind the Manta, but Charlie's all fussy and "eww" you know?

Reply to
DervMan

Hmm. Octavia TDIs are one of the vehicles of choice for taxi drivers in York, at least, they seem to be - prices are steady. And whilst they're good cars, the interior is a bit, erm, hmm, not my cuppa tea. Some interior fabrics look appalling. The only ones I've seen with cruise control are the

1.8T models, too.

Ultimately I do like the Octavia TDI but they're not great value as a used machine.

Reply to
DervMan

Given they're VW through and through mechanically, I suspect you can retrofit the same cruise control kit onto those as you can on the Passat / Golf...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

So long as it's one with the electronic throttle. Don't know what year that came in.

Reply to
SteveH

Did they ever do an Octavia *T*Di without an electronic throttle then?

Given the Golf had it from something like 1994 (and it's all the TDi in those ever had), can't see them reverse engineering that.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Ahhh. Diesel. *shudder*

Reply to
SteveH

Brother got a bargain couple of years ago.

3 year old white, TDi, quick enough. =A32k 190k miles though. It was a taxi, it had been auctioned because it was =20 finance snatchbacked when the firm folded. Full service history, serviced about once a month.

Sorted him though, he was doing about 7k a year, and the boot was good=20 for his tools. Felt and drove like new even with those miles. Had it given a "major service" when he bought it, drove it for 2 years,=20 that balanced the age/mileage just a touch, 205k in 5 years, instead of=20

19k in 3, then flogged it to another taxi driver for =A3300 more than he=20 bought it.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Carl Gibbs waffled thus:

I know someone selling a 306 convertible if you're interested?

Reply to
Abo

Probably too expensive. I'm looking in the

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

How do you manage to get cheap inswearance for one? I've had to resort to having another 'main' car and keeping the RR on a mileage-limited policy to get a reasonable quote...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Mine's around £400 a year, fully comp, through the RAC.

I want a better one now though, I'm considering getting an Overfinch one in the next year or so, at the moment I'd be happy if the LPG on mine worked as it should...

Reply to
Pete M

This one 'ere will be for sale very soon, and the LPG conversion on that one actually works rather well.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Well, I can't afford to drop the price so it depends what you'd call cheap. That said, now that I managed to get most of the service done it appears to run rather well. Just need to do the diff and transfer box oil changes now...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Does that mean I'm not welcome. ; )

Fraser