I think I want another Ka

Now don't get me wrong, the Accord is nice and all. Nicely quiet. Clever variable intake tract, valve timing and lift, blah blah blah even sounds good when running on the shorter intake tract with the higher lift camshaft profile doing its, err, higher lift stuff. It'll even break 40 mpg if I'm careful. But it's "nice" rather than "you want to drive me, you do." Functional. Great for my boring motorway commute and all...

It even grips well in twisty material but there's lots of body roll and no challenge keeping up the pace in a twisty bit of road. If I slow down, ensure the tacho is somewhere over 4,500 rpm and under 6,500 rpm, push throttle, job done...

...but it's not exciting in the least. Unless I want to think about technical variable pokery under the bonnet... yawn...

I think I want another Ka. Or a Puma. Or something small and funky and puntable on a country lane. Or something diesel. Or something interesting...

But not a Manta, nor an Alfa Romeo, probably.

|I need help.|

Reply to
DervMan

got a punto sporting and a 205 gti going cheap :)

Reply to
Rob

MK1 MR2 ;)

Reply to
Vamp

And close to work in Pontefract...

I only have one car-keen friend in the vicinity of me so that's no problem.

What colour?

Reply to
DervMan

The 205 doesn't work heh. But would make a smashing daily drive.

The Punto....

Reply to
DervMan

Somebody here was selling one.. then changed their mind? :-)

Reply to
DervMan

SNIP>>

And there's a guy near me in Wakefield (about 30 miles from York) who's got a good one.

It's just a pity it's only got 2 seats when I need a minimum of 4.

David

Reply to
David Lane

This...

And this....

Are definately an either/or situation :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

That's too narrow a point of view. There are plenty of interesting diesels. Of course, "interesting" here may not mean "quick" or "reliable" or whatever.

Reply to
DervMan

I suppose it depends how you define 'interesting' - I mean, some people train spot and find that 'interesting'...

Reply to
DanTXD

LOL yes.

But I was thinking more along the lines that something interesting here would encourage me to drive. Not about ultimate fuel economy, otherwise we'd get something like an "interesting" *cough* Audi A2 TDI. Or the souless Lupo SDI I suppose.

Reply to
DervMan

It was red. And on eBay but didn't sell about 3 weeks ago.

Can't find it now though - only this one:

David

Reply to
David Lane

Ahhh. Colour isnt especially important to me but is to Charlie.

She likes blue .

Reply to
DervMan

Aha !!!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't be interested in a Merc estate that's metallic blue: ;-)

Or even a Volvo 740 estate that's blue.

Thought not.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Latest celica corners like it's on rails - I've seen early cars for 7K. build and reliability second to none. cheap to run too. Or a little 106 GTI (ok, french crap but fun and slightly more cred than a paxo...)

Reply to
john

Part exchange?

Reply to
DervMan

Hmmm ... that depends how much you're asking for for the Accord. And the spec.

I've been told to get something sensible! My wife's just got two SP30's and the insurance is too much for her on Gp 16, so the Merc's going.

Also, she's apparently going to get a new job (only interview, which is good) that means a 15 mile commute into Leeds.

So yes, I'm interested!

David

Reply to
David Lane

I suspect this isn't going to happen* but what the heck.

The Accord is a '99 LS. Air, cruise, electric 'roof and windows, ABS. Erm.

78K, FHSH**, 1.85 SOHC VTEC, manual.

*Charlie is fussy about the look of some cars.

**Apart from the last service.
Reply to
DervMan

You never know! My union (don't know why I'm a member) is trying for a 23% pay rise over 3 years, but the university's about to start taking 30% of my salary away *if* I don't invigilate an exam on the 22nd. If I do (and I can be as cunning as them) then I'm OK financially to buy something new.

And anyway, I don't agree with the current union dispute with the universities, which is about to get me expelled from the union.

Large blue estates ;-) ?

They're at:

David

Reply to
David Lane

Sir wants a 106 GTi... or dare I say it, a 16v Rallye. :-D

If there ever is a mods meet and I'm attending, I'll be bringing the Rallye... which is all of the above, bar diesel.

Not only that, but it always starts...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH