I want a Porsche 911

Yesterday, went to Bedfordshire Aerodrome for a J Palmer experience. We've some discussion in the uk.rec.cars.misc forum... but meanwhile... it has reminded me of why I want a Porsche 911 again.

The newer ones are a little easier to drive than the old, but I would have preferred to have driven them in the dry so I could compare with the late

1980s / early 1990s models I've driven.

Still sound great, if a little diluted.

And still have that wonderful ability to encourage you to try just a little harder, as did the (excellent) instructor, until ends swapped with 142 km/h showing on the speedometer! :-)

Reply to
DervMan

Likewise. I will have a black idoit killer one day.

Reply to
Elder

guy at work has a V plate 911 (that's V when it was dumped at the other end before i was born type v hehe) except his has the later kit on (looks a bit bat mobile!) and is running around 350 when i asked how it drives he said 'it feels like the turbo is on and on/off switch and driving in the wet is seriously scary!' hence why he only drives it to work while it's been nice out hehe.

Reply to
Vamp

Me too. I quite fancy a red one though. Maybe even a rag top, just for that real 'certain death' feeling.

Reply to
DanTXD

Get a Targa, then you can stay dry when it is raining and only roll on your head on dry days :)

Reply to
Elder