Safety Camera Partnership Website

'If you crash at 38mph your airbags stop you, but what stops your internal organs which are also travelling at 38mph'

Says my local Safety Camera Partneship website...

Well, a racing driver I know went into the wall in turn 4 at Rockingham at over 130mph a few weeks back and his liver didn't come flying through the windscreen...

Reply to
Abo

ROFL...

Reply to
Conor

I hit a very solid tree at about that speed, maybe a bit more in a 1991 Pug

205. My seatbelt quite happily stopped me, and 3 years later I still not aware of any internal organs missing/broken. In fact the next evening I was out clubbing!!
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It is true though in a sense, the most common cause of death from a crash is from internal organ failure, and this arises after you hit a solid object object and your heart caries on moving, which in turn ruptures the aorta, it's pot luck if yours ruptures, but some people walk away from an accident only to die instantly hours later.

It doesn't take much for it to happen, and 38mph into a brick wall would easily do it :)

Reply to
Ronny

You hit a tree at 130mph and the next night you were out clubbing? bollox!.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Fuck off you tedious bogtrotting bastard.

Come back when you've learned to post anything other than "my mate Steve's got a dead fast car" and mini rants about what you've misread in other people's postings.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

your skin?

Reply to
dojj

What stops your local Safety Camera Partneship from making up any old bollocks?

Reply to
chris-de-burgh

Actually it was probably nearer 140, and I dont think I was wearing a seatbelt, I just held on tight.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Nothing. Indeed, they do it all the time.

Reply to
ian henden

For stating a fact?

Well he has, hasn't he.

Example?

Reply to
ThePunisher

These people may help if the advertising is false:

Tito

Of course you did, did I tell you about the time I tried to break the land speed record in New Zealand in my Porsche? it crashed at over 200mph and I walked away from in in my speedos and went surfing later that morning.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Ah, that was *you* was it. ;-)

Reply to
Jerry

Which Pratnership (sic) is that?

Reply to
Jerry

This post ?

The speed Carl was obviously reffering to in his first post is the 38mph mentioned in the original post.

Also, if you read his post where he says he hit at 140mph and just held on tight, I think he was being sarcastic due to you getting the wrong end of the stick and assuming he'd crashed at 130mph ;).

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I think you can stop digging now, you're deep enough...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Cleveland:

Cleveland as a county was abolished in 1996 though...

Reply to
Abo

Glad someone in here has some common sense!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Humberside went in 1996, but we now have

Tim S Kemp