Ideas to the floor please.

That 2.5 diesel one I borrowed last year (R plate

Reply to
Pete M

Not very me either, but once I got used to the pitch and roll I could throw it through corners as quick as the Saab. just not with a full load of servers. That could get expensive.

Reply to
Elder

Hehe, my opinion of them hasn't changed, but I'm not renowned for being an epic turncoat.

I don't need the same every day dependable reliability as it won't be my only car.

I do need 4x4, or at least genuine snow-plugging ability.

I am tight.

I still won't have a Cherokee Diesel.

That tells you all you need to know IMHO, YMMV. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Crazy low prices do sometimes bring out the 'epic turncoat' in me.

For 5 or 6 hundred quid, I wouldn't mind playing with a Cherokee 4.0 petrol.

This went through an auction today:

2001 X Honda CR-V 2.0i ES (AC). 87k. £1,775

Maybe you need to get yourself to an auction and see what you can pick up.

Reply to
SteveH

There are a couple of those around that age for around £2k at a localish sales place.

Might try and pop by tomorrow.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Depends on how well it was repaired, hopefully it's not rotten any longer if they bothered repairing it properly . Even if they didn't do a good job it's still a DIY job to replace the bulkhead. Welding on new 300tdi mounts isn't a big job, mine was done without any problems. Even with the above work it'll still cost below 2k.

Reply to
Homer

Hilux Surf?

Reply to
Homer

The risk of it snowing will be gone by the time I've finished that lot.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne