Ideas to the floor please.

I've never owned a Rangie that has ever failed to start. Maybe I'm just lucky.

A £2k Rangie Classic will be reliable. Most of the time.

Besides, I'd rather be broken down in a Rangie than travelling in a Pajero.

Reply to
Pete M

Fiat group products are all solid and reliable and never rust.

Oh...wait...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Even I'd go along with this suggestion.

Reply to
Pete M

"Mr Firth to the predictaphone."

Motorway behaviour is less important as I'm about 100 miles from a motorway and probably less than half the drive to work is cruising.

Autotrader also only has 2 Exploders within 200 miles but I do see them about as they seem popular with american expats and this is oil country.

Will keep my eyes peeled.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

But the Pajero will be reliable all the time.

Reply to
Elder

Heheh, don't worry. I still wouldn't touch one with SteveH's.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

And make you look like some theiving pikey scum.

Reply to
SteveH

New shape ones can't be had for cheap yet. Old shape ones are like hens teeth hidden in highly corrosive rocking horse shit aren't they?

Where would I find one?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Wouldn't if you bought one ;-)

Reply to
Pete M

and that stops it being able to drive in snow? my old mechanic mate has a pajero LWB and he uses it mainly as a tow car, he got it for f*ck all and it was only meant to last him a year or so, hes had it for about 3 years now i think, f*ck all wrong with it, looks a bit 'used' and the interior has seen better days but the air con and everything else still works.

Reply to
Vamp

Hmmm... tricky one really.

I saw a really mint early 90s Fourtrak the other day - they seem to be quite capable without screaming 'Environmental Terrorist!'

Might be worth seeing if you can find one of those, as they sit nicely between a Discovery and SJ410, size wise.

Reply to
JackH

4X4 - Check 30mpg - maybe Reliable - possibly. Ground clearance - errrrrr...
Bob Sherunckle

My reasoning exactly.

Reply to
Elder

Can't remember if it is the pinin or the sport, but one of the smaller Shoguns isn't a proper shogun and known for being a bit s**te.

Reply to
Elder

ykims

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Could be a shed, could be cheaply bodged through an MOT. But cheap as chips:

In Lanark, don't know how far that is from you.

Reply to
SteveH

Camper than a weekend at Butlins, ideal for today's metrosexual MX-5 owner.

SteveH

" "

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Has no-one suggested a 3.0V6 4x4 X type yet??

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Seriously consider one of these.

Elder