Speed camera blocker

Does anyone know what's in the 'Photo Blocker' spray that is supposed to stop you from getting speeding tickets. You spray in on your license and it supposedly reflects light.

Is it legal?

Someone said its just varnish.

Cheers

Tony

If you spray somthing on your license it will just make it wet :)

On the other hand you can get stuff to spray on your number plate, which when flashed reflects the light so no number cant be read, there is also some type of material like cling film you can put over your plate to make it harder, but it wouldnt be hard to get pulled by the police as when there behind you at night you plate will not be able to be read lol.

There is also light sensitive tape that when light is shone on it it goes white, would work for front plates but not rear's, the tape is used to make the numbers of your plate :)

I dont know how effected any of this is though, I would just suggest watch your speed and all will be ok

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

Hiya I'm not sure what is in the spray but from what I understand it is illegal in the UK. Also have run some tests on the spray and from our findings it does not seem to make much of a difference as the picture with number plate still comes out clearly. This was using a disposable camera with flash.

Reply to
Dattani, R (Ritesh)

Go on, spray it on your license.

It is an offence to deface or alter a legal document deliberatly

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Bloody load of rubbish. Mate bought some. Doesn't make a difference.

Reply to
fishman

Thanks for the info, do you know what's in the spray.. is it varnish, or some kind of silicone.

Cheers

Reply to
Tony

No its not legal and all it does is part a fool from his money. The worst it'll do is stop a camera being able to use character recognition and result in a copper reading it from the photo instead. Outcome is that not only will you still get done for speeding but you could get done for other more serious things too.

Reply to
Conor

You need to use Photoshop to get the result you're looking for. Unfortunately UK speed cameras do not have Photoshop installed.

Reply to
Mark W

No, it's just b*ll*cks. Cover your plate with mud, dirt, etc. instead.

Reply to
PR

Was told it use to be hair spray from a can.

Reply to
Tight Guard Security

I think that some people used to use various sprays (wd40, hairspray) etc. All this does though is help any dirt that hits the plate to stick rather than been washed off and then if plate is dirty then its unreadable.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Someone from the Netherlands told me to use Elnett brand hairspray.

I never bothered to try though.

Reply to
Svend Cr