If you had £1.5k

Bearing in mind he likes driving my CRX engined 216 GTi Twin Cam, I reckon he'd prefer the latter.

Shame he 'only' has the former, eh :)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The RB26 is a great fun motor. But it isn't really that much better than the RB25. The main differences are the twin turbos and the 6 throttle body inlet. They are both really reliable motors that you can get a lot of power out of not much money. Take the restrictor out of the wastegate line on the GTR motor and run it on 14 pounds boost and it is a total powerhouse. Probably the best free mod ever. Oops wrong thread.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Generally, less than 10 is too thin for a Turbo engine. Go for the 10/40 that the handbook recommends - if you really want to change, then go up to

10/50 or even 10/60. Always use good quality branded oil too - people seem to like Magnatec these days, and it's sensible money.

It's also good practice to at least double the service-oil interval on a Turbo car - so if your handbook says service once per year/12,000-miles, then do the oil every six-months/6,000 miles.

Reply to
Nom

Agreed. On the Saab, even though I'm using 10w40 semisynth, instead of

10w30 mineral, I still keep to the 3000mile mineral change interval.

Oil comes out black/dark brown, but hardly any "bits"/larger particles in it, and it hasn't started to break up at all.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

200SX has interim oil change at 4500 miles. It's usually recommended to do it at 3000 miles if you don't want early turbo or big end failures and rattling tappets. The car just invites you to cane it so it needs a more frequent oil change.

Peter Hill