Anyone reckon anything to this?

This looks a very tidy car. He's sent me some better pics & it's virtually mint & LPG too.

Could be a bargain or not?

Whats the value realistically?

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

mint & LPG too.

Slightly dodgy history on feedback, have a look before bidding. Value with that mileage? About 6k I'd guess. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I dont trust people who write in all caps either!

Reply to
Tom Woods

& LPG too.

You'll know the value in 21 hours...

Frankly, I wouldn't give you £530 for it. It only needs a couple of things wrong to double the cost. There has to be some reason why the seventh person now wants rid of it. If it had one or two owners I'd rate it as a possible, but...

Warren, the best mechanic / engineer I know, bought his cheap and even with his fully equipped workshop, AutoLogic, ramps etc, came close to chucking a match in and going home.

At 140,000 miles just about all the wear items will have worn. So many things which are minor on a 'normal' car are second-mortgage stuff on a P38, and that's assuming you can work out which bit it is. You would be buying a very nice motor, but one which is bound to be well on the way to worn out.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

From the way that the bod who spanners my RRC swears about the P38's, the above sounds only too likely. My RRC is fairly tired at 150K on an F plate and various mechanical bits are coming to the end of their lives, e.g. rear diff has just made terminal noises, but at least it does not rely on a temperamental brain the size of a planet to function.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Claims of 38 MPG equivalent are a bit out !! unless he's running it on central heating LPG

StaffBull

On or around Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:07:15 -0000, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

I thought that was a bit optimistic, but yer never know. implies something around 23 mpg on petrol and with a good LPG setup. If you cruise tidily at about 60-70, it might do that.

My 3.5 disco does the equivalent of about 27 mpg, which ain't that clever, but then it is an open loop LPG and it mostly does a lot of fiddlin' low-speed running. On such occasions as it gets to do lightweight cruising at A-road speeds (rare) it does a bit better.

Reply to
Austin Shackles