Increaseing capacity

Ok what *do* you mean then Stevie boy.

Reply to
REMUS

Erm.......

Reply to
SteveH

NO DAMMIT. TO HAVE A TOP MOUNTED INTERCOOLER IN A 205, YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING LIKE HAVE A BULGED BONNET, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT. CARL SPENT MUCH TIME SORTING THIS OUT.

Reply to
DanTXD

You have no idea about my finances so why even guess? I have three passions, my bass guitar, band and cars. I don't drink much or smoke straights and I have worked since I was 14, i have enough money to do what I want with the golf within reason and still have £5-6k for uni because i'm earning just under £1.2k a month atm

And how much do you know about cars, I can guarantee I have stripped, serviced and replaced more engines, parts and mechanisms than you have even touched.

Reply to
REMUS

I'm sorry, but if you had that much knowledge, you wouldn't need to ask as many 'questions' as you do...

Reply to
DanTXD

The car you pulled the engine out of (was it really a BX, or is it a 1.7, since BXs didn't come with 1.9TDs like I mentioned before, or was it a BX with a Xantia engine?) - did you have a look at the bonnet? It's got a bit to take the air from the front and deliver it to the intercooler. Without that it doesn't stand a chance of working. Why not pull that bit off and fit it to the 205 bonnet instead of the 205 soundproofing?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

OK picture for Dan as well then!

Reply to
REMUS

Well I have only had experience with maintenance rather than 'performance'.

I don't actually ask many questions regarding anything service/maintenance wise, just usually opinions.

Reply to
REMUS

Plus about another £1000 for the obvious things you'll need that are missing from the engine or which you'll need to change on the Golf just to get the engine working. Then there's the plumbing and wiring which will add a few hundred more. I'll estimate it'll cost you at least £2500 just for the engine transplant, suspension and brakes extra.

Reply to
Homer

What size is the normal VR6 one? Or did they only do VR6 Golfs in 4motion guise?

Oeter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

And not only that, this thread is plenty long enough already!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

*snort*

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

So you smoke a fair bit of pot? And that comes for free, does it?

Are you living at home at uni, or in halls of residence (or the modern equivalent)? Unless mummy and daddy are paying your rent, so as to let you piss money away on your cars and dope, then that money you've saved will disappear *very* quickly.

That's amazing that you know exactly what Doki's ever done.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well TBH I never got as far as seeing if it would fit, thats just what I was lead to believe by people who had actually done the conversion, hence my interest in the picture.

And I too also thought that the BX didnt have the 1.9TD, but I wasnt entirely sure so kept my mouth shut, as I thought maybe a few of the later ones might have had it put in.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What happened to the photos then?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

If you want them it will have to be off my phone : /

Reply to
REMUS