Interesting car weekend

Had a fairly interesting weekend with respect to cars. I was fixing the PAS ram on the 205 at my Dad's garage and my step sister's Mini Cooper (new BMW jobbie) was in having it's first MoT. Never had a go in one, so took the opportunity to take it for a quick drive. Way too fussy for me inside, but I can see why some people have one as a fashion accessory. Engine felt a bit gutless TBH, but wasn't really driving it too hard. it seemed to ride well though and took the corners fairly well. Wouldn't mind a go in an 'S' now though.

So not hugely exciting so far I know, but I was chuffed. Then yesterday evening we had a party at our place and my mate turned up with his new purchase - a brand new M3!! I have to say it looked stunning - it was white with a carbon fibre roof. From the front it just looked menacing with a power bulge in the bonnet and the 2 vents, plus the lairy front splitter. The back was a bit more sedate, but had a subtle spoiler on the boot which suited it very well. Inside was very plush - lots of little gadgets and control over all the steering, suspension, throttle etc settings. All in all a very good look. But the engine was something else. Went like a rocket, from all revs in all gears. The acceleration was just outstanding and a v8 that revs over 8krpm - brilliant!. And it just stuck to the road with no fuss at all. Basically I want one, and Im very jealous. He's only got it for a year though, as his new Skyline turns up late next year. Bastard!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Carl Gibbs, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

I like 'em.

I was at a large BMW dealership in the West Country last week and there was a mechanic giving a new M3 the beans. Sounded rattly as f*ck when it was cold but once it was warm it was something else. When he got out I said that it sounded a bit sweet and his answer summed it up perfectly "V8... lovely".

I liked the indicator repeaters in the side vents, that's a nice touch.

Reply to
Pete M

nice! although BMW is a bit of a swear word for me these days!

your right bout the mini, try and get a go in a cooper s defo one of my fave small cars! great fun.

Reply to
Vamp